Slimg60

Slim's G60 Turbo

All these bits will be getting sold, as they will be surplus to requirements.

They are all getting replaced with even higher spec items for taking my engine to the next level. I've just the downpipe / manifold to buy now, and a few other small engine bits.

My engine was starting to sound a little tired, like it was in need of a rebuild.

Fortunately for me I was quick enough off the mark to secure Junkies old IHI turbo 1.9 engine :D

My initial plan was to revert it back to running a G60 but it looks like the turbo will now be staying!

Should hopefully be fitted in the next couple of weeks, so watch this space for updates :D

Nice buy, ihi's are lots of fun :norty: Mine makes me grin like a numpty inside all the time.

Good luck with the build.

Yer I'm quiet exited about getting the conversion done now.

I'm going to miss the sound of the charger, but I think the power of the turbo will soon have it forgotten :norty:

Also picked up some S2 calipers so I'll have a little better stipping power :D

:) I've been out in Junkies car and it frightened me, absolutely awesome bit of kit. Have fun with it!

:) I've been out in Junkies car and it frightened me, absolutely awesome bit of kit. Have fun with it!

Cool :D I'm pretty exited now

Also that was 4 up :D i thought it was poor at the time.

Cool, enough power to go 4 up and scare passengers :norty:

Think I might go VR hunting when it's done :clap:

VR hunting??? You're setting your sights faaaaar to low mate.

i know but it's just to add a little fuel to the VR vs G60 debate :lol:

of course I do not condone, nor partake in any form of illegal racing.......yet :D

Well i had a some bell end playing stupid gits once, he was in an EVO 340, straight line drag and it was even side by side till we got to the roundabout in the wet and he just seemingly did not slow down at all and fooked off round like it was a hot sticky day :D

Go Impreza hunting they are always the best i found, you know the scenario, typical Impreza driver, he just thinks f'ing subaru im in quickest and best car in the world, you just go round them easily, the look on their faces is priceless.

Its making me reminice now, shamefully there was the day the most sheddy looking 1.2 nova with the chavviest kid ever with baseball cap included that nailed me, 2.0 turbo and no weight all stripped out gets you a quick motor, i almost could keep up but then i did have full leather recaro, loads of ICE heavy car, you know the usual excuses.

It also did 155mph 4 up too so should do more, you say your upgrading your brakes well you really need to upgrade what your upgrading to :D

well the engine is going in now, need a bigger (at least 2.5") exhaust and to change my intercooler set up (probably chop out my front number plate recess) when I get her back but watch out for pics and vids to follow.

Also on the look out for huge brakes now, if there are any ideas as to what to upgrade to then let me know :D

The seat ibiza 305mm 4 pots i had with ferodo 2500 pads and no abs could be scary at times and could catch you out if not careful or look at ap set ups, remember you need wheels with enough clearance for the caliper or spacers. I had a 2.75" exhaust that was straight through boxes, still had 3 on but was still loud as feck lol.

I think when I get the new brakes on my borbets will be going, just keeping my eyes peeled for anything at the moment as having read a bit on here, it seems S2's arnt that great either:(

I'll get it booked in next year for a new exhaust, have a custom made system put on.

Turbo engine is in and fitted :clap: :clap: :clap:

I cant wait to pick it up on Monday, just need to watch my right foot :wink:

I can highly recommend James Hodson at Sub11Motorsport (I'm sure some of you will know his mk2 golf), superb service and excellent communication throughout 8)

Ah cant wait to see this in action again, glad your happy with him Glen, i said he was a top bloke. :clap:

If he gives you the engine back with the oil cooler sandwich plate he has for got to give it to me, so can you send it on to me please as its part of my oil cooler kit.

I'll have a word with him on monday.

Is it just the sandwich plate you need? My old engine has on too so I can always send you that one if not.

Yes it is just the sandwich plate.

So whats next? I suspect the to do list has gotten alot longer now :D

Well I'm gutted that the synco gear has just gone off of here :D

New exhaust, either move my intercooler to get max airflow or mod my front bumper,

and then a general tidy up of the bodywork.

Have a word with James, he has a corrado he was going to synchro, he has the running gear from ex Elton Lawes Rallye, its not a full kit as far as i know but i think he has most of it still. Just leave it there for another month and get some more work done :D

I think it might have to wait a bit as my modding fund is starting to run dry :(

Is that rallye gear destined for his golf?