Sign in to follow this  
clutchkith

g60 wont accelerate

This is my firdt post. I recently bought a 92 corrado with 60k from the original owner. When I go to accelerate it barrely does but, if i feather it sometimes I can get to 4k, other times it falls on its face. somtimes when it it will backfire but rare. Im currently searching for related issues on the forum but have yet to find any. I heard mention of being able to possible read flash out codes but dont know how. any info where I should start diag would really help.

sounds like timing or lambda issues maybe? always a good start to clean up all your earth points inc earth strap from battery

Mine did something similar last year, car would acclerate as normal on part throttle but at WOT it bogged down and wouldnt go, my problem was a knackered distributor cap and rotor arm.

lambda probe is always a favourite. male sure the earth down to the probe is good.

try taping up the full throttle switch on the throttle body and see if it still does it

lambda sensor, or have you checked all the boost pipes. i had the same problem and found one had popped off at the intercooler. check the boost cycle for any loose pipes :)