Sign in to follow this  
lee_golf_v5

rear wiper doesnt turn off + dash temp guage.....

anyone had this problem? picked up my corrado on saturday, and on the way back (2 1/2 hour drive) i pushed back the stalk to spray and give it a bit of a wash and the wiper kept wiping intermittently..... maybe i don't know how to use the stalk correctly but i spent 30 minutes trying every combination possible to turn it off and the only way i can ever do it is by turning off the engine and starting again. really annoying.

also, the temp guage next to the fuel guage doesn't move on my dash. where should this sit? the oil temp on the MFA never goes above 95ish, but takes a while to warm up and stays there or thereabouts, but if this is broken is it an expensive fix........

thanks

Lee

you need to push it again to stop it.............it just takes a while to suss out the timing of when to push it otherwise you will end up on a constant cycle of switching it on or until you switch the engine off

If you only want it to wipe once just push the wiper stalk forward twice quickly.

and if you havn't got one already, replace relay 19 with a relay 99 from a later passat or golf, later corrado's had them anyway but early models like mine didn't, this will give you variable intermittant front wipe, I did this on the weekend and cant believe I went for so long without it, it makes a big difference.

thankyou thankyou lol! was so annoying on the way home that i couldn't turn it off haha, must have used half my water resevoir trying to keep it lubed lol!

i had the same thing with the rear wiper when i 1st got mine, drove 25miles with it keep wiping a dry screen every few minutes :lol:

was a nasty squeaky journey :lol: