Sign in to follow this  
christoff

German plates

If your in a city, Police will have more urgeant calls to deal, with nine out of ten times.

If it's a road policing car behind you then you are more likely to get pulled as the concentrate in road policing issues (hence title 8) )

Personally I would let the culprit go with a warning and tell them to change them asap. If I see them again, then they are issued with a HORT1 (not a ticket as such)

It'd always carry the normal plates in boot however.

and as i was quoted wrong ,tell me why you went for a test knowing your car was in an unfit state for test as you said(it was going to fail on other stuff so a case of lets see)

Sorry Mum! :lol:

I always go in expecting something to fail, I'm NOT a MOT tester so I don't know everything that it will fail on.

However a couple days before it was due, I noticed a split UJ boot so, not being able to get one in time, and the fact that I'm out the house at 6am and not home till 8pm (by when I really don't feel much like working on the car when I get in) I gave it to my mate who's a mechanic to take for a MOT, advise me on what it failed on (if anything) and let me know how much and how long.

Oh and the fact that I'd lost my front UK plate the day before to an idiot in the station carpark that took TWO attempts to destroy it it would have failed on that too!

Apart from plates (with the above "fails") It did only fail on the CV Gaiter (and not on the clicky CV under it strangely enough!), and a bulging soft line (which looked fine to me when I was under the car, but I guess without tramping on the pedal...)

i should think so too

they cant fail the cv click because the mot does not include a road test madly enough so you would never know its clicking unless it was really stuffed and it clicked driving in

hope you have it sorted now

MUM

Have you changed your name to Herman or Fritz aswell? :lol:

I can understand the atraction of the plates as they are different, but cant see the point in paying fines you could pay for petrol and fun with! especially VR owners!...........and after all the German boys and girls dont put Brit plates on their cars do they? but then German law is soooooooooo much strickter than here anyway so you would probbaly be jaoled for 10 years if you did it!

whats with the vr owners bit its the best car i have ever owned on fuel anywhere between 30-37 mpg great stuff

Not if you drive it properly you wont! I think im qualified to comment as I also OWN a 97 VR6 highline golf, standard engine, and around the town you will be lucky to get 20-25 out of it!! on a motorway run i have seen (on MFA) upto 37mpg, its hardly economicla if you drive it hard, unless you have one of those Ebay fuel savers fitted :lol:[/quote:2qdqiprh]

your getting 20-25 you want to try getting the engine out of the redline i do drive 0-60 as you are meant to and as for driving it properly anytime your at a track day give me a shout i will show you driving properly , i have owned many fast cars my last car i would hit low 20s but that was frequently 100 plus (private track officer) and that was over 350bhp so i can only think you dont get out of 3rd gear the worst i have seen the vr is 27 avg on the mfa ,dont understand what your doin mate :)

I've seen worse MPG than that and I don't ever redline the car!

As for german plates... I just prefer the font and the embossed look personally. Metal plates look so much nicer :)

Might get some and whack some fookin great bits of vercro on the back. Keep the proper UK ones in the boot also with said velcro on em. If anyone has a moan, easy to put back very quickly and SHOULD hopefully avoid a fine.

I've done the whole D band and sticker thing.. can't be bothered anymore. Plate (and therefore car) look cleaner with just the letters/numbers IMO!

Josh.

i've had mine for about 3 weeks, drive from bristol to boscombe down in wiltshire everyday and toady i was followed by traffic for 10 miles, didnt get pulled over,

I think its all based on the copper, you'll get one that will do you for 43 in a 40 zone, give a parking ticket to his gran.....but then you get the ones that use common sense and say as long as they can read it from the required distance they dont mind!

Speaking to a copper in traffic based at North bristol (M4/M5 jct.) that i know he said they treat it like the bike helmet tinted visors, if you can replace them there and then and it is safe to do so, ie not on the hard shoulder of the motorway, they will just give you a warning and a producer.

i have a set in the boot, still dirty from when they were on so i can just swap them over. pressed plates are the way forward!!!

:lol: :lol:

I've seen worse MPG than that and I don't ever redline the car!

As for german plates... I just prefer the font and the embossed look personally. Metal plates look so much nicer :)

Might get some and whack some fookin great bits of vercro on the back. Keep the proper UK ones in the boot also with said velcro on em. If anyone has a moan, easy to put back very quickly and SHOULD hopefully avoid a fine.

I've done the whole D band and sticker thing.. can't be bothered anymore. Plate (and therefore car) look cleaner with just the letters/numbers IMO!

Josh.

i still dont understand do you mean worse than 20mpg , you can not be going any sort of distance and your car cant be getting hot or something

I meant that I'd seen worse thatn 27AVG on the MFA :lol:

I've never got under 21... full stop!

sorry i thought you meant less than 20 i must be doing longer runs i average 10miles to work on open roads so thats proberly why my average stays higher on mfa 2