Sign in to follow this  
Jay2

G60 - 65mm V 68mm Pulley?

Planning on getting a new chip and pulley at G-Werks in the Summer but undecided whether to go for a 65 or 68 size pulley.

Can anyone shed some light on the real world differences?

Can you actually feel the difference between the two options on a G60?

The C's got S/S exhaust and had some internal work in its distant past. Also having the charger serviced and ported/polished at the same time. Oh, also a full service to make sure the engines in good enough shape to handle the mods.

Advice appreciated. :)

Having tried both I can say "Yes, it does have an effect". Basically the 65mm will pull from lower down in the rev range. One thing I would say though, in your sig it mentioned nothing about a larger intercooler - have you fitted an FMIC? The problem you will start to get with the standard intercooler is heat soak, given its small size and crappy location. Also of course, is shorter times between rebuilds.

I would recommend you go for a 68mm pulley and SNS chip, try it and then see if you like it and then take it from there.

depends how you use it

occaisional weekend blast...a 65mm should do

regualar/daily driver with longer runs..68mm is a better choice

i noticed the 65mm was alot more aggressive and made a noticable difference but 1 thing people forget to mention is you shouldnt rev engine above 6k with 65mm pulley.