Sign in to follow this  
Geoffb

My runabout

Hi

will try to post pics, picked up this as a four seat runabout for the family as our other cars are strictly 2 seaters

N Plate in purple( I am sure someone knows the colour). Virtually one owner , full history all electrics work. Now done 125K and as sweet as a nut. Uses no oil at all. Have changed wheels from 17inch in picture to the mk1 type as i prefered the handling/ride. (picked up mint set of mk 1 alloys from ebay)

Just in process of putting new wishbones on ( what a job,horizontal bolt siezed)2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSCN1084.JPG[/attachment:10y1kb7f]

Next project if i ever get round to it, otherwise sell on for what i paid (£650)DSCN1081.JPG[/attachment:10y1kb7f]

Regards all and thanks for help so far

Geoff

Thanks for the colour update, yes reason bought it the bodywork is excellent with no rust. Just had to treat two stonechips that had been left on side. Will get correct touch up now.Interior is cloth with no wear at all. Probably too good for what i use it for but nice to drive. Quite surprised how much torque the 8v engine is. My son had a 16v and you seemed to have to work that a lot harder. When i get it cleaned up will post some more pics

Thanks for help

Geoff

That's a lovely looking car, and the Porsche looks nice too :)

The C is an 8V then - is it the 1.8 or the 2.0? I can't see any badges there...

Mine's an 8V too, although it is *ahem* 'augmented'. You should try a tweaked G60 for low-end torque 8)

*waits for outraged replies from G60/VR6 turbo owners* :roll: :lol: It's all relative guys :wink:

I know what it's like to have a wishbone bolt stuck, we had to put a 1m breaker bar on that bolt and strip the thread off it to get it out! :shock:

Hope yours doesn't require anything so drastic :D

Hi

its the 2.0lt, The bolts have come out one side rebuilding today. Did require angle grinding off the wishbone and splitting the bush collar.Even then took two of us and large stillsons to get the horizontal bolt out. Debating at moment wether to sell as have just been offered another 944

Thanks

Geoff

Selling? :shock: Bagsy! :lol:

Just kidding, I have one lovely C already, and two would just be greedy... and would result in camping holidays in the back garden rather than somewhere nicer, if you know what I mean :wink:

Your bolt adventures sound par for the course, I know of several people who have run into the same thing recently. We're going to be replacing the wishbones on boost monkey's valver soon, so have all that excitement to look forward to :roll:

Rebuilt offside today when VW finally got new bolts. Took offside apart in about 15 mins could not believe how it all came apart so easy. That done just the service and clean now

Geoff