Sign in to follow this  
Bojmobile

BMW M5 Forum 18yr old member killed!

prehaps BMW will ad some wings to the next American spec M5? :lol: they would all be safely flying to Denver now!

That is chilling, reading the pre-crash posts.

That could so easily have been me when I was a boy (and very nearly was). But as has already been said, having a scare when you're young - and surviving to tell the tale, certainly tempers your approach to driving.

Reading his posts, he seemed like a good lad. Obviously there are others who will contest that, but that could have happened to so many young men in charge of that kit.

On a serious note, they've got some serious smilie action goin' on, on that forum. Very imaginative. :ignore:

The whole car culture is huge in the US any-one who has spent serious time over there will tell you that.

This is why if you go past an "affluent" high school/college you'll see Porkers and "Modern Muscle" in the car-park... in a less affluent area you'd see 70'/80's muscle cars.. and these are probably just as dangerous, 300bhp in a car built in 71! In really poor areas pick-up held together with bailing twine and tape!

Traverse is kind of a prime example... 18 and with a rado, I couldn't have afforded the insurance on a rado at that age! And to be honext I see some kids out and bout (how old do I sound!) and I wonder how they afford insurance on some of the stuff they drive!

I'm glad I could be an example? :lol: I bought the car myself I can afford the insurance because I work my arse off, and my father is in the military so we get it ridiculously cheap. Or else I would probably still be riding my bicycle everywhere :lol:

As far as the "affluent" high school/college thing goes, it's all about the area. My high school has kids with Porsche's, Mercedes, a few Chrysler Crossfire's, Solstice's, Sky's (Opel GT)... My rado is basically the low low low end of my school's cars. And you would be surprised at how few kids out here actually buy their own cars/pay their own insurance. I can count the number of my friends that actually buy their own car, gas, and pay their insurance on one hand.