Sign in to follow this  
chimo

Guage Cluster Question

This will firmly establish me an elemetry.

The car is a 1992 2.0 16V (Facelift/Transition)

I seem to have have two parking brake lights. I know this is stupid but they seem to be marked the same way. One is where it should be, beside the vent, left of the wheel... the other is in the cluster, in the lower lights (ie: high beam blue light). It has the older style cluster.

Thing is, my parking brake is disconnected. This light in the dash like to turn on some and I'm paranoid it's actually the CEL. Nothing appears wrong with the engine, but I'm paranoid, given it's a Corrado. The car didn't come with a manual/book so I'm like a blind man in an orgy; I'm going to have to feel my way through this. :scratch:

The parking brake light should be in the cluster just beside the high beam light! No idea what your other 'parking brake' light would be.

Your parking brake is disconnected?!?....is it not illegal (and dangerous) to be driving it with that disconnected!!! :shock:

It would certainly have failed the MOT had it been knackered at the time. The genius that I bought it from seems to have given it a really good go and ripped the welds it's bolted into, both of them. So It needs to be rewelded and retapped.

I guess I'll go shoot some photos...

I swear, everyday I get just a litle bit dumber. :( :(

On my Corrado at home, the top "switch" is a light is both an ABS status light and Handbrake warning. On later models it's also the check engine light as well.

Over here, on this one at least, it's just the ABS status light. It's icon is very similar to that of the handbrake warning. When I quickly glanced at them, figured they were the same, thought "Omg.. f*cking Corrado" and somewhat panicked... I was also half asleep.

Mods.. Please lock.