Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

How to get running again (first pics for 7 years!)

update, she's still there. Lock up's had a new roof and door on since I last saw it!

Paints still shiney and red :shock: has 3 flats but all seems to be good, not more rust and interior seems good too.

Last disc says 05/01 :shock: Can't believe its been so long!

Will have to get some fuel and a battery on her, see what happens

Project summer may well be on! Esp as I just found coilies for £200!

Pics to follow later!

Now question of the day, what do I need to do to an engine that hasn't been turned over for at least 3-4 years?

to be honest, ive fallen out with you aswell for selling that notch and fasty!! :p

meh i would give for one, they so nice :D lol

Now question of the day, what do I need to do to an engine that hasn't been turned over for at least 3-4 years?

rebuild??? :lol:

at least turn it over by hand a few times to make sure the oil works it's way round everywhere and to check it hasn't seized.

oh, and petrol.

and charge the battery :D

and check the brak hoses... ok, i'll stop there.

Cheers Mate, engine's "sealed" and lock up's dry (apart from a little condensation) so I'm hoping all is OK.. May sling some Penatrating oil down the Barrels in the meantime as I guess it can't hurt too much!

Any suggestions are more than welcome from you all!

I don't want to "hurt" this engine as it's the Original "mk1 GTi style" (ext oil cooler rather than the Mk2 style water/oil cooler).

ALL Fluids will be changed Oil/Coolant/Brakes...

This will be a Summer project so no rush to get it out on the road.. Until I start on it then I'll want to drive it "NOW" :lol:

Pictures....

Project Summer blinks into the first light of day for a number of years...

camerapictures17-02-08115.jpg

Paint's still pretty good considering she's not seen a wax for 6 years! The "fading" is the dust on the paint, didn't want to "wipe" it off till I can properly get onto restoring the finish again...

camerapictures17-02-08116.jpg

Cost Option Manual Tilt and slide sun-roof.. and you can also see factory single wiper (one of the hangovers from Mk1 Rocco on these crossover year cars)

camerapictures17-02-08117.jpg

Rear Zender "big" spoiler (quite 'desirable' from what I can gather!)

camerapictures17-02-08118.jpg

G60 BBS wrapped in (flat) Yoko A520

camerapictures17-02-08119.jpg

Just to prove there was a Scirocco GTi:

camerapictures17-02-08120.jpg

Un-ripped "sports" interior, not bad for 26 years old! (looks a lot worse in photo than real life) again a "cost option" in this material. So I'm told.

camerapictures17-02-08121.jpg

Some of the other optional Cost extras on this "loaded" car.. Headlight Washers and foglamps.

camerapictures17-02-08122.jpg

Looks super mate. Would be a crying shame to sell or even break it. Give it some TLC and get it back on the road :)

Strangely enough before I opened the door I was thinking... will this be a "Rob come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" porject.. but am really surprised by how well the finish has held up, especially on the bonnet which was beggining to fade before I put her to bed.

But yeah will give you a shout... Freebie to hone your talents on soft old Mars Red mate? ;) :lol:

There's also about a mile of black body kit and spoilers that will need doing as well!