Sign in to follow this  
Martyn_McG

clifford concept 300 help

my vr came with this alarm fitted, i have downloaded the manual but i am still none the wiser!!!

i have some rocker type switch next to the flashing red light, and then i also have a little red button next to a little proximity adjuster in the passenger part of the dash, i dont know what they do!!

the manual keeps refering to pressing * buttons and car icons but my remotes dont have any pictures on them!!

can anybody with this system tell me how to work it propperly?

the remotes are the type with one big button in the middle then 3 smaller ones, also looks like a button on the side, from what i can gather the big one alarms the car, very loudly! one puts the windows up i think, and the other silently alarms the car.

i really could do with knowing how to adjust the settings on the system.

The remote fob you have is the cool carbon looking 1, it only came with the higher spec alarms as standard but could be bought and added as an extra.

You can adjust the proximity sensor with it, have you got the dual prox sensor? Its complicated to adjust though.

What do you want to set up?

You can add functions like door poppers to the alarm that you set up on the control.

You can put it in valet, by pressing the side button twice then 1 press of the big button, the dash light should go solid.

If you want to turn the proximity sensor off you press the side button twice, then 1 press of the small button at 3 o clock the hazards should flash 4 times. Do this when the car is alarmed.

You should be able to set it up to auto lock in certain/various situations.

These are based on my Concept 500 though so it may differ on yours, as i suspect the fob has been added onto the alarm at a later date, i think the 300 didnt come with that fob, only 500 onwards, sure thats 1 reason i went for the 500 for the fob as well as the features on the alarm.

Is it def a 300 and just to confuse things further you can change/asign all the fob functions to suit yourself, so say to put in valet its 2 press side button and 1 press of big 1, you could change it to 3 press side button and 1 press at 6 o clock button.

All i can say is look at the fob this way.

The buttons represent a time on a clock

Big button 12 o clock

then 3 o clock

then 6 o clock

then 9 o clock

so 12 o clock is function 1

3 o clock is function 2

6 o clock is function 3

9 o clock is function 4

then 1 press of side button with 1 press of 12 o clock is function 5

and so on around the clock

then 2 presses of side button and 1 press of 12 o clock is function 9

and so around the clock

then 3 presses of side button and 1 press of 12 o clock is function 13

and so on around the clock

So my point is you could try all the combos and see what happens, write them down so you at least know some of the features then remember it as function number?

Not all of the combos do something though as i say you can change them around and add things to suit you.

Pretty much everything you want to set up can be done with the fob but it is also easier to do it with the switch thats mounted in the car, you just need to put it into valet with the ignition on using the number password that you hopefully have been given then you look up all the settings in the manual thats a grid of columns and rows and select which column and row you want to change by using the switch in the car.

Sounds complicated and potentially if you work it out wrong you could change something and not know what you have changed, even removing the fob from the alarm, but it is quite easy to do, honestly.

If your unsure just go to a reputable Clifford dealer and get them to set it up and explain it all to you, as the 300 was very common due to the pricing against features people wanted.

thanks a lot, it may be a concept 500 then, the previous owner said 300 i belive, but it was on the car when he got it so he might be mistaken, it has two fobs, both the same type like you decribed, which leads me to belive they where standard with the system its got.

the external proximity sensor is currently de-activated, i was wondering how to activate and de-activate this

i also was wondering what the little red button i have next to the proximity sensor adjuster does, as well as a little black rocker switch

also every now and again after if played about with it the system will say 'armed' 'dis-armed' instead of the bleeps, i want to know how to change between the two

and finaly the bleep when i activate the alarm is quite loud, i belive you can put it onto a quieter setting?

thanks for your help, il go and try the things you mentioned now!

* edit- whats this cliff-net wizard i keep hearing about?

Cliff net is an added feature that i dont have so you can change the sounds it makes so it sounds like the previous owner has used this to change the beeps to arm disarm. You basically connect your computer to the alarm to do all the setting up of the features, much easier to do as you just select the things you want the alarm to do on screen rather than listening to chirps and presssing buttons in the car or on the fob.

On my 500 it came with 2 fobs with pictures on that you dont have and 1 carbon fob.

Im not sure on the prox sensor as mine is under the rear ashtray so i never see it and any adjustments i do is with the 2 buttons inside the car, and maybe the rocker switch was added by the previous owner to turn a function off by hand instead of the other ways.

When the car is armed and you are outside the car, when you walk past it closely does it give a warning off like the car is angry at you for been near it, you will know what i mean if it does.

Also did the previous owner say it has blackjax on it if so then it may well be a 500 as it was fitted as standard but again it can be added on to lower alarms like the 300 as an added extra.

You know the manual - if you don't have it - is available as a download from the Clifford web site? Erm, http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/og/clifford/concept300uk_owners.pdf. You need to know the four letter code for the alarm if you want to re-programme the chirps to quiet or silent, but you can mute the switch on / off with the right combination of buttons, plus put the alarm in valet mode etc.

If you have the original manual, on mine the valet code is printed on the back of it. Should work unless a previous owner has changed it.

Sorry if you know all this already btw :? [which you do, sorry brain in shagged post mountain biking mode :-(]

Does the fob look like this btw? That's what my Clifford 300 came with, two of them. Anyway, try google images and search for Clifford fob, might come up with a pic of your remote with images on maybe?

Alarm.1.jpg