Sign in to follow this  
Borat

Oil leak around engine

Ay up people,

since i purchased my c there seems to be quite alot of oil around the engine. i changed the oil filter and the oil recently and cleaned up, best i could, some of the oil. However, it has started to come back again.

The question is, has anybody else had this problem? the c is a 2.0 16V.

Cheers guys. It may be just a seal somewhere that needs replacing but i was just wondering if its a common problem or something to be concerned about. I will be getting it checked soon anyway, but any info from you the experts would be much appreciated.

Top bombing, look forward to hearing from you. :wink:

Whereabouts on the engine is the oil? All over, just on the lower, upper, front, back, sides?

There's quite a few things that could cause it, including some muppet missing the oil filler hole when doing a service (yes, I have had that done to a car my parents used to own! :roll: and yes, I did think I'd killed it when I got home and noticed a puddle of oil under the car and smoke from the back of the engine!)

Narrowing down where the oil is on the engine makes it a lot easier to be more specific and get your oily mess sorted out... 8)