Sign in to follow this  
VR6C

Someone please help me get into my boot!

Hi

Recently changed the rears light clusters on my c as I wanted to tint the ones that were already on the car - now the boot wont open!!

I remember undoing a bolt that was behind the boot release button but tightened it back up as soon as I realised it was the wrong one. Closed the boot after id swapped over the lights and have been unable to release the boot since then.

I can hear the boot unlocking with the central locking but the button will not open it and now I cant get into my boot at all.

I have had a quick look behind the rear seats and there doesnt seem to be a release on the inside. Please someone tell me theres a way to open it so I can investigate.

Thanks in advance

is the lock barrel in the correct possition? in one possition it ignores the central locking and only opens with the key, or if you havn't used the key on it for ages it may need a good squirt of WD and lots of key jiggling.

All else fails, worm into the boot, remove the grey cover and you'll see the loch mech.. then you should be able to open it.. Possibly the monkey metal the lock collor's made from had broken (mine did)..

I did try the key but no joy unfortunately.

Will wriggle into the boot later and pop it open now I know what to remove.

Thanks very much for the swift responses