Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

Ebay headlight loom

hi

i had a loom off him and sent it back , was not happy with some of the ways he joined wires and he used wire cutters instead of a crimper for the lucar connectors , he did give me a refund ,but did not answer when i asked him about the crimping,

this is only my personal dealings with him there me be others.

i made my own soldered and heat shrinked all my joints , i was just being lazy with the ebay one :)

hi

i had a loom off him and sent it back , was not happy with some of the ways he joined wires and he used wire cutters instead of a crimper for the lucar connectors , he did give me a refund ,but did not answer when i asked him about the crimping,

this is only my personal dealings with him there me be others.

i made my own soldered and heat shrinked all my joints , i was just being lazy with the ebay one :)

I've seen one and ditto, wasn't happy with the crimped rather than soldered connections and didn't think the so-called waterproof fuse-holders were up to much. I'm sure it'd work fine when new, but there's nothing to stop corrosion getting into the thing and killing it, which you don't really want on your headlights.

This was about a year ago, so the latest ones may, I suppose, be different and better sealed, but based on the one I saw, I think you'd be better off making your own or looking elsewhere. These looms have to survive in a pretty hostile environment under the bonnet, where they're exposed to water, salt, etc, so sealing should be a priority imho.

Hmmm. The thing is i wouldnt know where to start when making my own. Anyone made one and willing to make me one? Ive got money waiting :lol:

This whole headlight loom situation is getting silly. Cant seem to get hold of one.

EDIT - spoke to the bloke. He says he does waterproof and heat shrink the connection. Ive ordered one, so we will see what its like, it cant be any worse then the other lesser quality ebay one i bought.

Though i have spoken to the bloke who fitted my alarm, who knows his electrics well. He's goign to make me a connection between the main and full beam lights. As im running inpros at the mo and only one set of lights works at a time. Ill post on here the out come to pass it on to other if need be.

Hmmm. The thing is i wouldnt know where to start when making my own. Anyone made one and willing to make me one? Ive got money waiting :lol:

This whole headlight loom situation is getting silly. Cant seem to get hold of one.

EDIT - spoke to the bloke. He says he does waterproof and heat shrink the connection. Ive ordered one, so we will see what its like, it cant be any worse then the other lesser quality ebay one i bought.

Though i have spoken to the bloke who fitted my alarm, who knows his electrics well. He's goign to make me a connection between the main and full beam lights. As im running inpros at the mo and only one set of lights works at a time. Ill post on here the out come to pass it on to other if need be.

hi

thats an easy job once you have relayed your lights , you put a diode between the coil energizer feeds on the relays, diodes are one way systems for electricity so its normal on dip then when you switch to main the diode allows the main beam energizer wire on the relay to feed the dip relay energizer wire ,and hey presto dip and main together