Sign in to follow this  
8vtornado

engine out g60?

the thing is, my engine works fine, but i may have the chance at work to whip the engine out and do woteva work at the same time, i cud change all teh engine mounts, paint the block with sum black paint (hopefully), clean up the bay a little and have a go at getting rid of the carbon canister at the same time, my questions are as follows; should i do it? is the g60 particularly awkward to whip the engine out of? with old engines is it likely something will stop working if i do this? and lastly, i was thinkin of whipping it out through the front, is this the easiest way?

thanks

can you actually do the rear mount with the engine in?! the front mount must be a bit of a pain cos theres not much room in a g60 bay. i spose that is alot of work for no reason! i think ill leave it! just rele want me block to be painted cos the rest of my engine is rele clean now :D

leave it in unless you really want to take it out. will be pain if its not been taken out before as you will have rusted nuts and bolts, the inlet and exhaust are an a-hole to remove in situe and its probably alot harder than you think.

the front mount can be changed quite easily, worst case take the front end off to change it. rear mounts need the engine to be jacked up somewhat. dont worry about painting the block, alot of hassle to do that!!

you can deffo swap all the mounts in situ , i have on mine

it will help of you remove the rad fan...and leave the front mount loose /unbolted until the rear is in

when my mate did mine he said it wouldve been a lot easier to remove the oil filter [i think for the front mount] at the same time.. i didnt have the heart to tell him that was the next job on the list after he'd finished..

LOL cruel!! ive decided ill leave it now. iv had the head off before and i left the manifoolds on cos i realised they were almost impossible to remove in situe! reaching over the front of the car and lifting the head with manifolds attached off carefully takes some doing too tho!! thanks for the input guys