Sign in to follow this  
Philuk

Reiger Grill with Brow

Has anyone got a pic of theres fitted from the front, side and how they have attached it, i got mine and put it on but it just doesn't look fitted right, maybe its just me but i wanna be sure ive got it on right :p lol

btw mines a 94 VR if it makes any difference :)

ta :)

I had real problems fitting mine. Wouldnt fit flush on the drivers side above the headlight. HAd to do some trimming to might it fit. Tbh it still isnt right. :(

See mine here.

Near the bottom of the post. look for the crash photo's

Yellow G60

You can just see two small supports at the base of the grill. These are two small 'L' brackets pop riveted on to the front panel.. Also the top of the grill was drilled and 4 screws going along the top of the slam panel.

Stll none matters now as the car ws smashed up two days later!!

She nearly back on the Rd. New grill everything heading for a respray next month.

are the bits over the headlights stuck on, i dont suppose you drill into the headlights, and i kno im gonna have to take off the headlight protectors lol :? , dont suppose you have any pics from the top looking into the engine bay, smashed or not, i presume both sides were done the same so if i can picture it on one side i can gues the other, was it pretty sturdy or did it move about, the 2 bits that you said were L brackets are just like pieces that slot in downwards :? hehe thanx guys!

Hi..

no I actually made two small L brackets in alloy and then riveted them to the lower panel on the slam and then drilled the two plastic tabs and screwed them in to the alloy brackts!!!!! I mean do I lie about my own work!!!

This helps to stop the grill flapping and holds it in place which is the point of your post.. As for the headlights slight trimming and they slipped under the wing edge. No problems after that.

when i first fitted mine i just secured it in the middle, not at the ends at all and it cracked.

I got it fixed and then bonded it to the black headlight covers. it wont move now.. no pics though as my old pc died, loosing all my photos.

you might find something on my gallery thread..

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=20810&start=90

Has anyone got a pic of theres fitted from the front, side and how they have attached it, i got mine and put it on but it just doesn't look fitted right, maybe its just me but i wanna be sure ive got it on right :p lol

btw mines a 94 VR if it makes any difference :)

ta :)

I had no problems fitting mine (93')

Pic from top and close up, have you got any pics of have your looks?

this is the only one i have, to me it just looks as if its not sitting right, as i say if it looks right then thats fine ill just have to stick it in a bit better, then ill have to decide if i wanna spray it or leave it this colour before i stick it down :)

SeaFront27.jpg

I think the Reiger 3 slat looks different on a VR6 and makes the VR6 look different..

I have often thought this, I reckon its cos the VR6 is a 'Fatter' car. The bonnet curve n heavier wings don't give it as sleek a look as the earlier 4 pot cars.

Its prob sitting pretty well, maybe best to look at other Vr's to compare like for like.