Sign in to follow this  
beeza

1.8 wiring problem

Hi have just got a 1.8 rado which needed a new dizzy after sorting that i noticed on the dizzy wiring loom there is a blue/white wire not plugged into anything where should it go

Thanks Karl

Welcome to the forum, and to Corrado ownership! :D

Pretty sure that blue/white one is unused, and is usually tied back (I'm assuming yours is a 16V, no?)

The random 1 pin jobbies are probably for the additional instruments, these were built into all looms, so oil pressure and battery volts.

Yandards seems to be a bit of an ace with the 16V engines he certainly helped me and boost monkey hugely, do a quick search for valver wiring or see here:

Click

HTH :wink:

Yeah, I have a blue/white 1-pin which is tied back underneath the inlet manifold at the front near the oil filter and front engine mount.

Help any?

Cheers guys was getting slightly worried about a random wire floating about can tell this corrado ownership thing will be fun :lol:

What about the blue and white wire thats near the ISV towards the back of the engine. Does anyone know where its supposed to go.....I had some work done to my car & I notcie it's not connected to anything now.

(1.8 16v)

What about the blue and white wire thats near the ISV towards the back of the engine. Does anyone know where its supposed to go.....I had some work done to my car & I notcie it's not connected to anything now.

(1.8 16v)

I'll PM you the answer when I get back to my car, in a lecture atm (shhhh :wink:)

For starters there's a 1-pin blue/white connected either round the black of the block as one of the temp sensors, or it goes to one of the 3 1-pin connectors around the coolant flange on the flywheel end of the block.

there should be a green/red one and also a yellow/red(?) one too.

but i will confirm later on.

Alright matey,

there's a white/blue that comes out of the same wiring sleeve as the 3-pin connector (this goes to the side of the distributor), if you mean that white/blue one it needs to be plugged in TOP RIGHT as you look end-on at the engine from the passenger side.

at least that's where mine is plugged in!

Boost, see the wee arrow i have drawn in at the top of the picture.....is this where the blue n white wire connects onto on yours?

I see no other places where it could go...all the other sensors have wires connected (but they could have been connected wrong cos like I say I was having a bit of work done to my car............head gasket to be precise).

nothing goes to that free terminal on the ignition coil mate, mine is like that too.

What is in the black plastic sleeve further down the wiring with that blue/white? it should be the 3-pin connector that plugs onto the side of the dizzy.

Gonna post you a pic of the 3 pin connector later on. Theres 3 wires already connected to it so unless theres another connector somewhere theres gonna be a wire left hanging on its own.

Apologies for the grubby engine bay - had some work done a few days ago on it like I was saying earlier. :D

In the first pic here you can see 3 wires that are running below the distributor. Bottom left is red/yellow, top left is green/red and top right is green/black. This leaves nowhere that I can see to plug the blue/white one into! (Im thinking maybe the top right green/black wire shouldnt be connected here and this blue/white wire should be in its place?) Btut then where would green/black go to....

In the second pic theres the black sleeve that connects to the distributor and it has 3 wires , one brown, one green and one red going into it.

Just to make it clear for me Boost could you confirm where my blue/white wire should be going to? Is it defo the top right connector in the first pic or have I got it wrong? :?

Appreciate your help!

Evening matey :D

My car is as follows:

Top Left - Red / Yellow,

Top Right - Blue/ White,

Bottom Left - Green/Red,

Back of the cylinder head (by distributor) - Green/black.

Earth point (that little corner by the distributor) - Brown PLUS a Brown/White.

So yes, seems a lot of your wires are in the wrong place.

Hth,

Jon.

Does anyone know if any of these wires would be responsible for the warning light on the dashboard for when youre low on coolant? Green/Red - Yellow/Red - Blue/White - Green/Black ??

Also....i've noticed there is a Grey/Black wire running out from the passenger area (kind of below and behind the expansion tank). Could someone please have a look at theirs and tell me where it connects to? :D

I really need to know which ones for the coolant warning as it should be flashing on my dash right now and it isn't.