Sign in to follow this  
mariojoshi

8X16 et15 up front - Rado VR6 - Will it work?

Well folks.. as above really!

Had a quick search and couldn't come up with anything for these figures.

I reckon the offset will be a bit too low, personally, but I'm open to suggestions.

I'd image it will be fine at the back due to the wider body work...... but please correct me if my assumptions are wrong!

Ta!

Josh.

Think you will have clearance issues with et15 on a vr6 due to the size of calipers they have, someone BigD i think? ground a few mm off their calipers to get the clearance for et15 Borbets, not something i would do personally but i think it worked

ET15 would be due to the PCD Adapter.

The real ET was 35 (+ 20mm adapter) so ET15

The clearance issues I was worried about (given the above information) were to do with the front arches really.

Any ideas? :)

Oh ok, you would have a lot of clearance to the caliper in that case, i have not fitted them yet (cars in bodyshop) but i have just bought et15 Borbet A`s, 9j all round :D and 215 40 16 tyres for my G60, quite a few are running this set up and i dont think anyones got major issues with arch clearance? obviously if you go too low its bound to hit the arch, im having my rear arches rolled while its being painted just in case :D but the fronts look to have good clearance already

ET15 would be due to the PCD Adapter.

The real ET was 35 (+ 20mm adapter) so ET15

The clearance issues I was worried about (given the above information) were to do with the front arches really.

Any ideas? :)

Depends on how low you want to go aswell really. You can get 9s on a vr with spacers but Im not sure if with 8s you need to run a spacer to clear the caliper.