Sign in to follow this  
kris99

Buzz........

Hi how you doing?

Wee question here. My VR has been installed with some aftermarket JVC CD player which sits very flush in the dash in its stealth mode which is nice. I also have uprated door card speakers and tweeters up front.

I've noticed however that when I switch my CD player off (which is often the case as would rather listen to the engine :lol: ) there is a high pitch buzz that occurs. This buzz changes frequency to co-incide with the revs. The more you push the accelerator the higher the pitch!

Anyone got any idea what could be causing this?

Cheers

Kris

Hey kris, it's probably the amp if you've got one, get a buzz on the one in the wee golf. Don't know what you do to get rid of it though :lol:

Sure i saw an amp in the back of your VR, if not please just ignore me :lol:

Night shift go smoothly?

Is the buzz only there when the stereo is off?

It's caused by a bad earth which picks up the whine from the alternator.

If you do in fact have an amp, either your phono cables are too near the power cables and/or your amp isn't well earthed.

Both however should in fact happen whilst its on too. If you pause the CD, can you still hear the noise?

Could also be a fault with the headunit.

You can get adapters which plug in-line of the phono plugs and remove buzz too, but they can thin out the sound a bit and you lose a bit of bass, etc. Better to fix the wiring if you could.

isnt it to do with power cable being routed next to the speaker cable?

Not if it only happens whilst the head unit is off...

Hey kris, it's probably the amp if you've got one, get a buzz on the one in the wee golf. Don't know what you do to get rid of it though :lol:

Sure i saw an amp in the back of your VR, if not please just ignore me :lol:

Night shift go smoothly?

Ahhhh yeah there is an amp in the boot, didn't think this would be the cause. Will have a play around!

Night shift was cold and wet. Should have taken weekend off to head down to Ultimatedubs :(

Like Andi says, it sounds like a bad earth and/or your RCA`s running next to your power supply causing interference! You can buy an in-line loop surpressor that connects between the RCA`s and amp but they`re not gonna cure it just make it tolerable :( Spend a day re-routing cables and getting a good earth. Decent shielded RCA`s help prevent it too.

Hope you get it sorted though mate. 8)