Sign in to follow this  
Chris

where is the rear knock sensor located

where is the rear knock sensor located? on the back of the engine i know :) but where?

anyone got a happy snappy photo so i can see?

will it make a massive difference if i run the engine without it for awhile?

lasty, where would be the best place to get one from? or does someone on here have a spare possibly?

cheers,

chris

cheesewire posted this up for me not long ago,

''Rear knock sensor. It should be clipped to the bracket on top of the rear engine mount, next to the Lambda plug.

At the back of the block you'll see the knock sensor and loom, under the manifold for cyls 1, 2 & 3.''

i have nothing there so not quite sure what ive got to get, any photos would be a massive help so i can see what im meant to be looking at

The rear knock sensor bolts to this hole here and I think I have a spare one kicking around. I will have a look around for it.

thats what i wanted! cheers buddy, if you have got one let me know and ill pop up to yours again.

chris

Easiest way of working on it is removing the airbox and maf, rest one the block and stick your arms round the thing like your cuddling it. There is very little room under the rear of the engine.

Found it easy for once. I will send it down to bishops waltham with my folks tomorrow.

how much did you want for it dude?

Call it a fiver. Just about buys a pint these days.

lol, the prices went up today didnt they? or it will do soon. ill give you a shout when im free to pick it up probably this weekend or next. can you p/m me your mobile no. again please.

chris