Sign in to follow this  
bigpants baby

R32 downpipe problem

Im having a bit of trouble with my R32 downpipe,last year whilst driving the car,"giving it some seeds" smoke started to fill the car,hell fire! I thought the wiring loom had caught fire,but fortunatly it was just the steering u/j rubber boot that seems to be very close to the downpipe.

Ive tried some flexible heat proofing mat that was about 1mm thick & its just burnt thro.

With only having about 4-5mm between the rubber boot & the downpipe does anyone think that heat wrap would fit & would it not effect the boot if it was resting on it?

I dont really fancy paying £400+ for one off of storm developments.

i've used heat-wrap on a couple of cars mate - as long as you go for a reputable named brand, then it should sort your problems out - obviously it won't stop heat to the extent something like ceramic coating will, but it's surprisingly effective, and as long as you take your time and do a good job when wrapping it - you should hopefully stop burning things!

heat wrap is also good as it takes heat away from the engine bay, giving you better throttle response due to denser air :)