Sign in to follow this  
H8RRA

best source / ALTERNATIVE vr chains, guides, tensioners

tried the search but loads of info came up.

where's the best place to go for vr chains, tensioners and guides??

isn't that the idea? ;) :lol:

I "best-offered" £130 to this guy last week ebay (same guy Yan has bought the training dvd from). I think he's getting them from the states as theres a 10 day wait.

Otherwise I think you can get them from four seasons tuning in the states for about £100 - I just wanted to deal with someone here thats all.

cheers

John

where's the best place to go for vr chains, tensioners and guides??

America! I got my new chains/tensioners/guides through Kev (cheesewire) from the states for £100 8)

I think THESE are the ones people go for, much cheapness and they have the upgraded plastic tensioner which doesnt wear out.

isn't that the idea? ;) :lol:

...alright then, too much info to make sense of.... ;-)

i presume theres shipping costs from the states - does this not make it less feasible cost wise?

Thanks for the info

When are you going to buy these?

I'm planning on buying the full set from Four seasons, plus a clutch in the summer, and I know theres one other forum member who is interested in getting kit at the same time. If you aren't planning on buying for a while, we could all chip in and split shipping 3 ways.

The chain kit was $155 last time I looked, not checked the shipping costs yet though.

When are you going to buy these?

I'm planning on buying the full set from Four seasons, plus a clutch in the summer, and I know theres one other forum member who is interested in getting kit at the same time. If you aren't planning on buying for a while, we could all chip in and split shipping 3 ways.

The chain kit was $155 last time I looked, not checked the shipping costs yet though.

i'm going to put up a post now to place an immediate order - are you up for getting your chain kit now and share the postage?

i'll contact the company and see who else is interested.

yep, its the shipping that takes it up to about $200/£100..

could be interested in joining in on a clutch buy if they can get dealer spec (ie. the combination of the different mfrs parts)..

whats the craic with the later "banana" chain guide? is there a later guide thats more durable with a different tensioner - the hex headed tensioner that bolts into the housing?

if so, what car are these listed against?

The later style solid plastic tensioner pad are far more long lasting, and they use a different style tensioner bolt with a flat end, rather than one with a nipple.

I think all the kits they list use the later style tensioner pad and bolt, but there's a couple of different kits they list, you need the one with the duplex upper chain (some US cars had simplex upper chains). and for the right engine no. for your car. ( I think it's the earlier no.s for the corrado).

I can't afford to buy the kit at the moment, I'm pretty short of cash right now, and I might have to save a few quid up for the shrick group buy on VR6OC.com :oops:

Probably aiming for july for buying my kit.

im ordering a chain kit, clutch and few other bits from 4seasons if anyone else wants to order stuff and split postage

Andy