Sign in to follow this  
brookescourt

J141 PFD, Anyone own it now or know what happened to it?

Just popped in for the first time in a few years and wondered if anyone knew what happened to my old G60?

It was bought by Leew, then Jim & then ended up on eBay I think.

Might have some spare cash soon so you never know, I might be back, some of the original members might remember me?

I like the look of the red, F plate press car, would suit what I want nowadays.

Cheers guys,

Rob.

Galaxy TDi owner (for now)

Hi Rob... nice to hear from you! It's changed hands a few times alas. I had it for just over a year before selling it on. The lad who bought it owned it for all of 3 months before selling it on again to who I believe is still the current owner. He sounds like a real enthusiast and i've heard of updates and off - he stripped the whole front of the car off and did some engine work, including fitting a screw charger (I think).

I've not seen / heard of it in a while though.

I do miss that car - it was stonking quick, and looked wonderful after a going over with the Zymol! But I was going out with a girl at the time and £200/month in petrol charges were starting to punish my wallet. Typically after I sold it, the whole thing dissolved anyway - had I have known, I would have kept it!

sweetg60.jpg

What a beautiful example that was. I remember being very impressed with those wheels when I first saw them on the car.

That 'plate isn't showing up on the insurance database though so at a guess it's either off the road, wearing a private 'plate, or *GULP*....dead.

I always loved those Comp2's - so much so that I bought a set for them when I got the car, even though they'd long since been sold on prior to me buying it. Only problem with mine were they were 16x7 and a slightly incorrect ET so they sat into the arches a liiiitle too much, and were quite slim...

I think the car is on a private plate, so don't worry.

What a beautiful example that was. I remember being very impressed with those wheels when I first saw them on the car.

That 'plate isn't showing up on the insurance database though so at a guess it's either off the road, wearing a private 'plate, or *GULP*....dead.

:(

Just popped in for the first time in a few years and wondered if anyone knew what happened to my old G60?

It was bought by Leew, then Jim & then ended up on eBay I think.

Might have some spare cash soon so you never know, I might be back, some of the original members might remember me?

I like the look of the red, F plate press car, would suit what I want nowadays.

Cheers guys,

Rob.

Galaxy TDi owner (for now)

Hi mate, I now own that car although its now on a private plate. Ive had it since april 2005, come close to selling it a few times but cant bring myself to do it lol. Ive changed a few bits on it might not be to every ones taste but it now has a bahn brenner screwcharger on it, ibiza brembos and the wheels have been powder coated in anthracite. Im trying to fit some leather porsche gt3 replica front seats in it at the moment. Its still a nice car and goes really well. Bodywork is starting to look a bit tired in places i.e stone chipped front end lol. But the plan is to have some fun during the summer and have it fully painted in the winter. Il try and get some pictures up of it this weekend.

I will il get sum pics up this weekend, I had rr'd back in 2005 and it made 207 bhp at well lane, as i understand it its also made that same power at stealth and amd ? I know ive got print outs for 2 different places showing 207bhp anyway lol. Its running the standaed pully on the screw charger at the mo and feels about the same maybe a little bit better through the mid range hard to tell though. Ive got an 18 psi pulley waiting to go on and also have some other engine plans for it. You have any photos of when you owned the car?

No pics unfortunately.

At TSR I think it made 212/217 at one point but cant remember which.I did have a Schrick cam fitted at one point but it didnt really feel that much different.

I always wanted to open up the front numberplate recess to allow more air to the intercooler but didnt want to ruin the looks.

Ive lost touch with the mods available these days but would love another one, probably fairly standard though.

Cheers mate,

Rob.