Sign in to follow this  
rapid_rocco

Cannot open door - Urgent Help Please!

Hi,

My raddo has been sat outside for a week or so, and the battery has died.

The pain is the keys i own for the car don't actually open any of the doors or boot... as i have remote central locking :mad2:

I need to know if there is a way of being able to pop the bonnet to get to the battery to charge it? Rather urgently also..!!

Many, many thanks.

Ross

you may be able to get a spare battery and a set of jump leads , to open the car by conecting the earth from the spare battery to the body of the car and the live to the live conection on the starter motor you should be able to get at that from below do this one first then the earth one if it sparks when you conect the earth then the live is touching earth as well just be very carefull

poping the bonnet from out side is not easy you could try hooking the cable between the slats in the grille and pulling may work then jump the battery as normal

rob

Hi,

My raddo has been sat outside for a week or so, and the battery has died.

The pain is the keys i own for the car don't actually open any of the doors or boot... as i have remote central locking :mad2:

I need to know if there is a way of being able to pop the bonnet to get to the battery to charge it? Rather urgently also..!!

Many, many thanks.

Ross

ideally, You need to get the grille off and follow the route of the cable towards the 2 levers that open the strikers on the bonnet. Look for what looks like 2 metal trumpets that the cable runs to - it is these you need to move to release the bonnet catch. If you dont want to rick taking the grille off cuz you may need to forace it, you need to get the front of the car up in the air and get to the cable from underneath.