Sign in to follow this  
bruny

Restoration project K931 RBV

Great news Dave, I have a routine for setting up the ECU properly if you want it, helps to set it up just right :wink:

It looks so much better underneath too now with all the sealant removed, stanford could be VERY interesting :lol:

Thanks for the positive feedback guys :salute:

That routine will be useful thanks Kip, will be in touch when I re-tax it for March, must get some farming done now, just get the impression that Spring isn't too far away :clap:

It's very nice to see some real effort going into a restoration and keeping it original, there are not many doing that on here including myself, top job sir :D

Looking forward to eyeballing this at some of the shows coming up this year :) Nice one mate :)

hey Dave, hope all is well, haven't spoken for a whiel now.

just wanted to say hats off to you for your car buddy - it's looking insanely good! a real credit to you there :D

i shoud imagine Kip and Judith will have some stiff competition come the next concours meet :norty:

I've already decided I'm not coming out this year... or next... or maybe for 10 or more..

I'm gonna have one of those old cars locked up and covered in dust and found 50 years later....

i shoud imagine Kip and Judith will have some stiff competition come the next concours meet :norty:

You're not kidding mate Lol :lol: and i'd be very pleased for Dave if he managed the recognition from the judges this year! as i know how much time, money and effort has gone into this car.

Good luck matey :salute:

I've already decided I'm not coming out this year... or next... or maybe for 10 or more..

I'm gonna have one of those old cars locked up and covered in dust and found 50 years later....

:lol: haha. randomly enough, a friend of mine has recently sold me a brand new outdoor carcoon. it is still brand new in the box, never been used. needless to say i got it for a good price.

i have a nasty habit of having to spend 6 months away in other countries, so i thought investing in one of these would benefit the car while i'm gone.

here's the website if you want to check them out - you "concours types" might benefit from these! :)

http://www.carcoon.co.uk

:lol: less competition :clap: I have a dusty old barn which could be made available for your ever increasing collection :lol:

Kip, thanks for the comments again mate, Hopefully the judges will be less harsh this year :grin:

Pete, have thought about improving my corrado shed, currently it gets tucked under a cotton sheet and a dust sheet in a shed on trickle charge, but no budget left for this year :( The quote you had for rebuilding the Vr lump wasn't far off. ouch!! Hope you have sorted the R32 conversion friend

Coullstar, it certainly isn't a daily driver, and I don't like salty roads :nono:

Latest update, the front had to be removed again to get to the bottom of a couple of water leaks which showed after warm running with G12 in the system, turned out to be the new core plugs not sealing, think the 24v plugs are smaller than the old 12v. Anyhow 37mm plugs fitted and sealed tonight should sort that outtoday 005.JPG[/attachment:2p9xztcv]

While the system was drained down I thought it time to change the heater matrix which had been niggling at the back of my mind for some time, not looking forward to this job though.

So passenger seat out , side panel out, shelf out, but then the glove box put up a fight :mad2:Matrix 001.JPG[/attachment:34refv0f]

Wiring and cables looked complicated, but my flaps hadn't been working on demist so at least I could sort this out at the same time, oh and the squeaky fanMatrix 007.JPG[/attachment:pav09xd9]

Had to modify the air box to sort out some dodgy cogs, removed the perished foam from the flaps which must have strained the mechanism,Matrix 006.JPG[/attachment:3gxnzp81]

Finally the new heater matrix, sourced for half the price that the dealers quoted. Valeo, original equipement :DMatrix 004.JPG[/attachment:bk319als]

Only took two days, really dont want to have to revisit this area again

Need to refill tomorrow to test it out, only thing not working now is the radio, but I wont have to drown out the sound of my old cam chain anymore so hopefully can enjoy another 105,000 trouble free miles of sowing machine smoothness and reliability :lol: :lol: :lol: AS IF!!!

Still need to add up the costs, will post up when I feel I can face up to the reality of Corrado ownershipDSCN1307.JPG[/attachment:11w39ig3]

glad it's all coming together for you bud. feel for you with the matrix - i hated that job!

i also dred to add up my costs; i don't think i'm going to bother!

car is looking immaculate as always matey - top work :clap: :D

Thanks Pete, matrix must be the worst job on the corrado, there must be an easier way. Have done nearly everything now, just hoping for trouble free enjoyment from now on :D

Hope yours is coming together finally :shrug: When we finally meet must compare costs but I'm not racing you, think you have a few more horses under the bonnet than me :salute:

Tried for the spare vr engine cover but alas we failed this time, it went for £18, did rob come with the core plugs?, jim.

Yep, core plugs fitted, waiting for some original VW fasteners for pipework then can rebuild, it needs to be done now its dragging on too long and costing too much. Thanks for the help on ebay mate :clap:

Looks great Dave! a huge credit to you for doing all this work yourself, it'd give me nightmares (is giving me nightmares) :lol:

Cant wait to see it all completed :notworthy:

Thanks Kip, hope the holiday went well, 100 miles a day on a push bike, blimey :notworthy:

Hope to make Elsacar this year if it dosen't snow :D

Latest is, wheels off again, on the lift again, to tidy up the underseal patches damaged over the years. Back to bare metal, 3M [2pack] applied ready for a coat of paint!underseal 003.JPG[/attachment:3f6h90t6]

masked up and primed with stone chip

3 M applied, comes in a bag with its own nozzle just brake the seal between 2packs , mix in the bag and apply. so simple even a fool could do it, infact he just has done :shock:underseal 005.JPG[/attachment:1s5pl8ly]

nice work bruny, the gear box turned out ok i like the vw stamp on the bottom of the box,was that only on vr6's. I better get cleaning for stanford its a lot harder when the engines in the car and a trolley jack,I dont think ill get the damage done by then and still waiting to get the wheels refurbed at lepsons.