Sign in to follow this  
timg60

advice needed on paint....

Hi Guys,

Just a quick one to see if anyone can help me. I really want to remove my side strips as they look awful and are starting to peel off and are missing some of the end stops. I know this has been covered and I know how to remove them but some muppet has painted the car whilst leaving them on!!!!!!!! :censored:

So If I remove them there will be a depression in the paint. Is it possible for me to rub the joins down carefully with some fine wet and dry till it is smooth and then put some laquer on or will it stand out like a sore thumb. I am hoping that being a black car I might be able to do it with out it looking too bad. :help:

Any advice.

Cheers Tim

if its seen paint, chances are when removing the side stripes the surrounding paint could crack. Also it wont be possible to blend the original paint underneath with the new paint, the line will still be visible, and there is also the possibility of a color mis match.

Really you would have to get the lower sides resprayed if you remove them, personally I would keep the bump strips on as you are prone to more parking dents when removed.