Sign in to follow this  
JY

2ltr 16v agaisnt vr6 corrado advice??

heya all, im debating selling my 2ltr 16v nd getting a vr6 corrado, would just like any suggestion as to whether its worth it or not, obviously the vr is quicker but how thristy are they? as mine does between 32- 42 mpg/ are they costly to run any general advice would be appreciated, cheers Jon

MPG seems near enough the same across the range to be honest.

I guess it depends how much money you've got and what condition yours is in. I mean if i had a show/near to show condition valver and rather keep it and whack a turbo on as opposed to sell it and buy a vr6

oo nasty, mines pretty gd she runs at about 31 mpg when shes being pushed, the most iv had out of her was 45mpg but tht was accordin to the on board computer, but yea my 16vs not in bad nick jst there's few things need doin to her, had debated puttin a turbo on but for what it would cost to do it wouldnt be worth it as shes not mint. I just fancied a change to a vr, but had been told they are v thirsty, and didnt want to get rid of mine to find out i couldnt afford to run a vr. cheers

26 is the best i've had out of my valver, and that was motorway miles!! I brought my 16v just as a fill in till i get a vr, but i'm more than happy so i'm keeping it. If the power is enough for you, keep it. especially with everything constantly going up : petrol, tax and insurance!