Sign in to follow this  
A1 VR6

MOT Pass Number 10

Well pleased, had the car Mot'd yesterday and it passed for a 10th consecutive time. Only thing commented on was slight play in the os/r wheel bearing so I'll nip that up a bit and sorted :D

I also decided to have a look at the emissions print from the first time I got one to this latest one and there is literally no variance, the car is always tested at the same garage so that looks pretty healthy too :D

He also said all the bushes are in remarkably good condition as I commented that they must be due for changing soon and he's amazed that the original exhaust is still in such good condition - that is a pain as I want to get a Magnex stainless but thought I'd wait for the original to give up and it's showing no signs of doing so :(

Show off.... :)

I cant grumble with a 3 out of 3 for me..

My rear axle bushes were worn but not terribly but i couldnt resist.. Just get the magnex anyway Bill, its a huge improvement over standard...

Or spend a whole winter driving it round for miles. I'm sure that would help to finish it off :norty:

Show off.... :)

Nah just pleased it passed :D

Or spend a whole winter driving it round for miles. I'm sure that would help to finish it off :norty:

I will if you will :lol:

I will if you will :lol:

My original exhaust looks looks pretty ropey but I guess I'll find out just how ropey it is in May when the MOT is due. I'll let you know if I decide take you up on that after May. :grin:

Bah ;) Its no challenge when the car is kept indoors and driven about 2000 miles a year!! :) Still - 10 years on the trot isn't bad going at all Bill.

Low miles or not thats a great achievement, i hope i can sit here in 7 years and say the same...

I know you arent a show off Bill, in fact i reckon you play the condition of this car down, its stunning...

Well done, Bill! None of mine have ever failed either 8) Always a relief to get through...

My rado past first time 2 weeks back, well chuffed. First car that has done that, and a definate improvement on last year when it cost over £400 to get it through! The handbrake JUST passed, so that needs adjusting, and i have 2 rubber hangers missing off the exhaust, but he said he didnt want to fail me for that, would have been harsh.

Although the exhaust definately sounds like its blowing, there is more noise from the exhaust standing at the side of the car than the back, i mentioned this but he said all the welds are fine and the emissions were spot on