Sign in to follow this  
DEL VR6

Anyone know anything about TVR's?

Hello Del, I know that one has the same side mirrors as a corrado :D

Im not too clued up on them but its the smaller engine in it too, they did the 4.5 and 5 litre 1's too i think.

I was @ Jabbasports RR day last year and they had 1 on the rollers there it made just over 320bhp i think.

Could be a bargain...but.

...I would research into Cerbera running costs if I were,

plus from what I've heard its the TVRs that don't get used that are troublesome ones........

No doubt someone will come on here who knows about speed 6 engines..

Thats a Speed Six 4L - a stunning one are that!, (they did 4.5 and 5.0 V8s - late ones making 450bhp). I spent a considerable time researching TVRs, particually Cerberas, but never took the leap. The main things I learned were, don't buy a S6 if you cannot afford to buy 2 (which is a bit tongue and cheek but they can really cost), and its a question of when, and not if the s6 engine will let go (£5k rebuild typically at 15000 miles - once rebuilt they are much stronger). I'd say that motor is for a collector to buy not someone thats going to actually run it - not wrapping in cotton wool. Also, many owners seem to think that regular use is the key to keeping it alive. Typically I found that on average people budgeted for £3k servicing and parts a year - some were a lot less - some a lot more. I would want to know what the warranty covers too

I would head over to pistonheads, there is a huge wealth of experience there and used selection to give you a price guide too (Cerberas are available for under £10k)