Sign in to follow this  
herisites

Handy guy to find!

Just been sorting my moped out to sell it to pay for the insurance on my C (top priority!) so have just taken it for its MOT. None of the places i would usually take it could squeeze it in quickly so i was directed to a garage still near but just out the way enough that i hadn't noticed it and luckily they could squeeze me in. Dont worry this is car related :lol:

I had to walk home as left the bike with them, so as i am walking back i take this little side road in which there is what looks like a closed down barn building, i remember it used to be filled with old motorbikes back in the day but obviously closed down. Well as i walked past it i noticed that door slightly open and i caught a slight glimpse of a corrado :D peaked my head inside to find a corrado, a mk1 pickup and a few old audi cabs, all project cars with bits of bodywork off and/or engines out etc!

I was so taken by them i just walked in and was snooping around and then noticed a bloke walking out from behind one of them. I asked him what was with all the cars and they were all his projects, but he uses the barn to do spray jobs and welding etc on old vw's and audis as a job! I had a bloody long chat with him, told him about my C etc and when i said its a VR he pointed me to the back of his van where he had a VR engine sat which he's putting in the mk1 pickup :D so i gave him some advice on the engine as he's not very good with the engine side of cars and went on my way.

I thought it was a good spot of luck finding him there, i couldnt believe it. He said if i ever needed any painting/welding etc doing then he can sort me out. Anyway just thought i would share that with everyone :lol:

He also pointed me in the direction of an old mk1 golf gti project car which runs, near by for only £400 :( i havent got the money or space at the minute :( :(

Sounds awesome!

No sneaky pics from your phone then? :lol:

Nah i didnt think to tbh :lol:

Yeah i will definately be going back to him for the odd chat as i plan on getting a mk1 golf project in the summer so will be a handy guy to get ideas and advice from!