Sign in to follow this  
stu sleeper 20vt

clutch pedal stuck down and stayed down...

hi good people.

i have a corrado g60 which has now come up with a NEW problem(i mean other than door handles,sunroof,fuel consumption!!...)

now,a little background...the clutch has stayed down a few times recently but a quick pull back up and all was well again.

now,this time,its gone down,and stayed down.my mechanic is scratching his head between slave,or master cylinder as he has to buy in the part obviously,which if its the wrong one,it'll cost me twice over.. :pale:

any ideas fellow corrado owners?

was mean't to be sold tommorow to a guy who followed my missus and offered her 2k in cash for it,how typical.

thanks in advance

stu

Sounds liek slave cylinder. You can take it out and check, or could be your release bearing being knackered..

If you need to remove the slave, you can take the pivot bolt out the gear shift tower to pull it out the way a bit, and you will need to take the gearbox support arm off, 2x17mm bolts and the bolt through the gearbox mount to whip that out.

i had this problem on mine, thought id have a wack at the slave first cos its cheapest and mine was original, and it was fucked, but didnt fix it, turned out to be the master. replaced them both now and the pipes and it works beautifully, both are pretty easy to do. the slave can take minutes! i dindt remove anything other than the item itself, just remove the pipe, then the 2 bolts holding it onto the gearbox and it slides out, sorted! much the same with the master but u have to take a clip off the pedal for it which is confusing how the clip works, cant rememba exactly, but hten u just undo the two bolts holding it onto the bulkhead and the pipe, again... SORTED! good luck, im sure if u do it urself u cud do both for the price of the mechanic doin the slave!! i got mine from gsf as their actually the vw ones with the VAG grinded off!!! (the master dindt even have it grinded off!!)