Sign in to follow this  
Bournemouth James

brake options

Im going to get my ecu reprogramed soon, then i should be getting arround 220bhp

Im thinking that ill need to upgrade the brakes to cope with the extra power, im running standard 16v brakes at the moment with the acception of ebc front grooved discs.

i was thinking of upgrading to g60 brakes, i hear they are larger in diameter than the 16v

I know some of you g60 boys are running 200-220bhp, have you done anything to your brakes to cope with the extra power?

What would i need to get to upgrade to g60 brakes?

Sandys had them done

http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=446

he has the standard G60 beaks on the back and said there is no need to upgrade them as they can cope. Not sure of the split between front than back but apprently there is no need. I know Sandy should be putting out or planned to have 220 break hence the breaks. And you can move them to your next car. Only certain Alloys can take them as well.

The Brembo conversion is off the Seat Ibiza Cupra R

305 mm 4 pots

U need to get the hoses made up, got mine from badger5.

Theres a thread will all the part no.s on

RandomPics002-vi.jpg

brembos-vi.jpg

My wheels, running 15mm spacers and the Brembos fill quite nicely

You are looking at 16 inch wheels to go over the Brembos. If you are not already running 16s or bigger that is quite a large additional expense to fit them.

If you upgrade to G60(280mm) brakes I think you'll be in fine shape. Even with plain discs and some fast road pads.

The brakes on my Golf are more than adequate on the track, so road conditions should pose no problems.

You could get some 4 pot Wilwoods, for similar money to the Brembos without the need for 16s.

Gavin

i've decided to go for the brembo conversion, im still a little unsure about the rear thou, my corrado was originally a 16v, so it has 16v brakes at the back, are they the same as the g60 rear brakes?

hi just been reading through, iv'e got a g60 running 230 bhp and i put brembo 305 on mine, and they are proberly the best thing i've ever done, fit stright on no probs, work from cold and don't over heat, i had the disks drillled at a local work shop as the standard disks are such good quaility and for only £50 the pair brilliant value, the calipers are £100 each and come with pads, all you need are the brackets £15 each and the caliper bolts m12x90 i think , the bracket to hub bolts you can use the originals just shorten them by 10mm. then all you need is the hoses made up and the 90' hose to caliper connecter, i got my hoses at gti inter's for £45 braided, you will need at least 16" wheel and depending on style some spacers. i've got bbs rc's in 17" and they JUST fit, liturealy fag paper between wheel and caliper. i think the whole cost was £450 -£500 not bad and these are factory fitment for seat, so they've been tested, go on do it, i seen whole kits on e-bay selling for about this money.

yes the rear are the same through out the range, i must mention thou i have'nt got abs and used a new 16v master cyinder 22.2mm the pedal feel is great