Sign in to follow this  
til2143

Paul's VR6 Storm

Hey lads, ive owened several corrados but none put a smile on my face like the VR!!

Collected her on Friday, considering lowering, tail light tint and mabye a 90mm ft splitter, all comments/suggestions welcome, hers a few pics

DSC00247.jpg

DSC00246.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

DSC00238-1.jpg

DSC00235-1.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

Better pis shortly

Looks mint!!!

There seems to be a steady stream of rados making their way over to Ireland now!

what happened that silver one in the background in the first pic though?!?! :shock:

Cheers, ya theres plenty over here now, one time to see one was rare but now there no shortage, the silver one is a 93 Vr that im after getting for breaking!

WOW, that looks super clean.

is it low mileage?

shame they sit so high as standard, ruins the coupe look a bit

Very nice indeed!

If you do mod it then I'd perhaps stick to the easily reversable stuff as you have suggested as there can't be many left as original as that. 8)

Cheers for all the comments lads, she has just turned 42k, ya they sit very high as standard, trying to find a suspension kit with a soft ride could be a job tho!

@ Davestorm, have you yours lowered mate?

Cheers for all the comments lads, she has just turned 42k, ya they sit very high as standard, trying to find a suspension kit with a soft ride could be a job tho!

@ Davestorm, have you yours lowered mate?

42k! No wonder it looks so straight, good work that man! Yeah mine is lowered using the tried and tested H&R springs with Koni TAs combo. Drop is approx 35~40mm with good ride comfort and handling.

Many people prefer to go down the coilover route with KW the current flavour of the month. Whichever decision you make it will be better than the comedy 4x4 look and is, of course, easily reversible should you want to retain originality. 8)

If it's still there it won't have been updated since about 2004 :lol: ! Perhaps it's something I ought to do this year but I've never really been one for taking pics of the old gal, so any you do find will be at standard ride height!

The car looks fantastic and only 42k :shock:

She is a real looker. How much did you have to part with for such a low mileage Storm?

Do you have any pics of the engine bay?

The car looks fantastic and only 42k :shock:

She is a real looker. How much did you have to part with for such a low mileage Storm?

Do you have any pics of the engine bay?

No pics of the engine bay at the minute, ill get one at the wk end, i gave 10k for her, well worth it in my opinion as she is like new :D

Lovely looking Storm looks mint, do you mind me asking did you pick it up in Ireland or did you bring it across the water?

Lovely looking Storm looks mint, do you mind me asking did you pick it up in Ireland or did you bring it across the water?

Cheers, Picked it up in Derby

Ugh... I want a Storm so bad! Beautiful car :)

Off-topic: What is different about a Storm than a regular VR6?

Two badges, different wheels, two exclusive storm only colours and sometimes a different colour leather (the green storms had cream leather)

Ugh... I want a Storm so bad! Beautiful car :)

Off-topic: What is different about a Storm than a regular VR6?

There a limited edition that were made for the uk market, 500 were made, 250 in classic green with cream leather and 250 in mystic blue with black leather, 20 of which were auto, 10 of each colour, they have bbs solitudes, colour codes grill and two storm badges, other wise there the same as the regular VR6

Two badges, different wheels, two exclusive storm only colours and sometimes a different colour leather (the green storms had cream leather)

Only Mystic Blue was a Storm exclusive colour, Classic Green was available on other Corrados

There are quite a few Mystic Blue Golfs around mind you, and some (Highline and Colour Concept) models also came with BBS solitudes.

VW love recyling :lol:

wow, how did you find that one?!

Yeah mine is lowered using the tried and tested H&R springs with Koni TAs combo. Drop is approx 35~40mm with good ride comfort and handling.

Although the handling is good, depending what kind of roads you get to drive on I wouldn't say the ride comfort is great with that set up. If you're on smooth A roads all the time then great but if the road surface is bad or you ever encounter a speed bump, its not very easy going in my opinion. Given what you've spent on the car I would agree about getting some high quality coilovers on there and adjust the height as you'd like :)

Lovely looking car.. :salute:

Aye i see what you mean dukest, my opinion was based purely on what my car was like before i upgraded, it was still on its original 110,000 mile 11 year old suspension, so to me it felt miles better, if a little firmer admittedley. Added to that there are some nice fast, fairly quiet open roads where I live :wink:

The best bet would be for til2143 to try and get behind the wheel of a few different setups, if that's possible, and see what's best for him . If not then head for this thread and have a good read through! viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39334 :)