Sign in to follow this  
Bobz

Where can I get an exhaust from?

OK, so this looks like another one of those newby questions :lol:

I am really finding it very difficult (Read- imposible!) to find a performance exhaust for my early Corrado 16v.

Every system I look at says 'CAT BACK'.... well mine hasn't got a CAT and never has had, and all the De-CAT pipes are nothing like what my first box is like, so 100% wont fit :(

I have a feeling i'm going to have to have one made for my car, but I'm really strugeling to get any time off at the moment, and my exhaust is starting to blow quite badly, so I was hoping I could get one Off The Shelf :brickwall:

Can anyomy help me with anymore places to try ect, please ?

My down pipe looks a little like this MK2 Golf 16v one,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Golf-MK2-GTi-1-8- ... dZViewItem

Thanks, Tone :)

Hi Tone,

you're right in saying your downpipe is like the golf one as it's 100% the same part.

As for systems, mine has a Powerflow on it which i hate as it's pikey and loud. I too haven't been able to find a complete system for early cars but there must be some out there.

hth,

Jon.

I am sure Jetex do a version for the early cars? mine is an early (H) G60 and that has Jetex and a cat bypass pipe on, but im sure Jetex list a version with the front link pipe?

if its not listed on the website give them a call, or the other option is to get an off the shelf Corrado system and use/modify a mk2 golf front pipe so the flanges that bolt up to the down pipe are the same, it will only be mild steel but would be easier to work with/cut to length to fit the rest of the system that way! stainless pipes are a killer to cut down!

you can always use a reducer connector pipe at the front connection if the bore size is slightly different to the stainless system

4th system down should be the correct one, it does say cat back but i would ring them as they may do the alternate front pipe that marrys up to the early pre cat type

http://www.jetex.co.uk/website/jetex_ex ... less+Steel

EDIT* Having looked at the ebay picture you posted that type is probably the same lenght as a cat anyway so its probably designed to mate up to that, Jetex supply a load of reducer pipes etc with the fitting kit you get, i have 3 systems on my dubs now and can highly recommend the Jetex for quality fit and noise levels! it only sounds mean when ya nailing it! but has a nice purposefull note on normal driving and tickover

You haven't got a Cat but the down pipe is longer incorporating a box as part of it anyhow, I've got a Milltek 'cat-back exhaust' and mines a 1990 16v.

Cat-back'll fit, buy one!

Edit: Didn't read AQUA G60's last paragraph! But totally agree, just buy the right year for the hangers!