Sign in to follow this  
2_Door_fun

Fitting a new dizzy

Been doing muchos on the car of late..

So I have got hold of a brand new Distributor, fortunate as the old one is shot...So how does one fit the item.

Had a look in my Bently it tells how to set up the timing marks and then it drops in to HAYNES terratory!! It sez 'Fit Distributor' :scratch:

I remove the adjuting clamp at the base and then is it just a good pull???? The new one seems to only have an 'O' ring is it just the clamp and a good seal that holds it in place?

I have given it a good pull :norty: but no luck. Seems well attached to whatever is down there.

Well after being sent 2 incorrect dizzys...I did yesterday finally get the one for the 60. Fitted it in moments and started up the car.. All fired up well aside from....

My oil light is now blinking and interestingly my oil pressure gauge is reading 0 :shock: The gauge read fine prior to removing the dizzy n stuff...

Why would this be? I realise the bottom gearing on the dizzy links into the oil pump via a notch in cog plus the cog links to the aux shaft which the charger belt runs. So question is will the dizzy sit in place even if the oil pump notch is not lined up????

The car has been on no run at all for at least 5 weeks. Fitted new starter and release bearing plus the Dizzy and a Rallye IC so loads of work done. Maybe the engine or something has stuck closed.

Other gauges in the centre console are working fine.

I'll pull the Dizzy tomorrow n check its aligned just pondering on the above.

Any ideas folks?