Sign in to follow this  
stevef182

quick fuel pump question

Part numbers: Pump: ONE HOE [strike:2303om6y]919 651 Q "N/STK FUEL PUMP[/strike:2303om6y]" £116+vat

lolol!!!!!!!

ha ha.... ha..... :confused4: :cuckoo: :drinking:

you must be very bored! :)

Part numbers: Pump: ONE HOE [strike:3r3gg2b4]919 651 Q "N/STK FUEL PUMP[/strike:3r3gg2b4]" £116+vat

lolol!!!!!!!

ha ha.... ha..... :confused4: :cuckoo: :drinking:

you must be very bored! :)

Man, just a bit! Cheap ho, also :o)

Probably breaking the forum rules to sell things here, shall I put up a for sale ad in the relevant section?

Obviously a good idea if you have a look in your tank first though and see what you need :o)

ttfn,

--

Olly

it's this or Trigonometry revision. But enough O/T.

If anyone needs a late spec tank dismantled I'm happy to pull my spare apart :salute:

it's this or Trigonometry revision. But enough O/T.

If anyone needs a late spec tank dismantled I'm happy to pull my spare apart :salute:

very kind of you mate, mine is a 93 K reg though so thats early spec right?

I know this an old thread but bump it up to say thanks for the replys.

My fuel pump just failed this morning, and as said, its a VR was running noisy, and just gave up this morning. £101 delivered for a Bosch one from ECP.

What is the issue with the sender unit? I'm guessing I wont know if I need one until the old pump is out and I can compare if the fittings are different.

Wotcha,

I think the idea was that the new pumps were different to those ever fitted to cars in the factory, however this didn't appear to be the case with mine.

Still got the spare sender sitting in its box if you find you need a new one!

ttfn,

--

Olly

Well its all changed over, £101 (inc vat and postage) for a brand new Bosch one from ECP. Pretty easy job, although getting some of the old clips off was a pain! The original sender unit fitted fine.

So to anyone out there whose pump is whiney get it changed before you break down like I did, worth £101 just so I dont have to live with the awful whining noise anymore :D

Hi

I've got the described pump 'whirring' sound coming from the rear drivers side of my VR. Fairly sure it is the fuel pump making the noise but performance seems ok (Or at least if it has dropped off, it has only done so gradually) so I guess its just getting a bit tired.

I will probably replace the pump just to be on the safe side if not simply to get rid of the constant whirring! Haven't been able to find much in the way of information about how to replace it. Where is it located and how do I access it? I'm fairly mechanically minded but just haven't got around to having a close look yet.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Jonny,

There an access panel in the boot floor, remove that and you'll see the big round screw-cap on the top of the fuel tank. Undo this (it was a b*stard on mine, had to partly split it with a chisel to get it to release), and the bit with the hoses on lifts out to reveal two more hoses going to the bottom of the tank.

The fuel pump is bayonetted to the bottom of the tank, so undo it just like a light bulb (I used an oil filter strap to do this as it's fairly tight). The whole pump / sender assembly then comes out as a piece. Mind you don't bend the sender when trying to turn it - you can remove the sender from the pump body first if you're worried but it's pretty easy to make sure there's no force on the sender's float arm.

hth!

--

Olly

Perfect! Thanks Olly. Ill have a butchers this afternoon and set about replacing the pump in the next week or so. There is a little conflicting information regarding the sender. I've got a 95 VR so I'm hoping the existing sender will fit the new pump. Providing I get the 4 bar '1HO 919 651 Q' type?

Sounds pretty straight forward.

Thanks again.

Jon

any update to this thread? am thinking i may as well replace the pump, mine is a 1995 vr so do i need this sender?