Sign in to follow this  
daniboy1_2_3

Oil cooler

Im in the process of replacing my orignal oil cooler on my g60. I have come to putting the new one back on and wondered if anyone can tell me if there is supposed to be a seal between the filter housing that is bolted to the block and the cooler itself? I dont remember taking one off but it seems like there should be one as oil is flowing just inside of it?? any help appreciated.

yeah there should be a green paper gasket between the oil filter/cooler mount and the block, they are only pennies from the stealer.

I think he means housing to heat exchanger, not housing to block,

that would be a rubber o-ring, part no. 038 117 070A

I know there is an o ring on the oil filter then there is one on the underside of the cooler, these two sit together. However on the top of the cooler i dont remember there being anything sitting between it and the oil fiter housing that bolts to the block? i have replaced the green paper gasget already. Thanks so far.

like I said, the part number above is what you want between bracket and heat exchanger, it's about 6cm in diameter.