Sign in to follow this  
ray_vr6

Best Tyre Size

Hi

Just bought a set of BBS wheels of a BMW E30 et 24 pcd 100 - £40 for 5! fitted them to my 1990 16v and they look great. Tyres are a mixture of non premium and I would be planning on fitting a new ones. At the moment the tyre size fitted is 205/55/15. and I am getting a slight rubbing on full lock with the arch liner at the rear of the wheel. Would fitting 205/50 or 205/45 help? or are they just not going to work. oh - and standard suspension as far as I can tell.

Thanks in advance

hi

i would run 205 50 15s 55 profile is to much

if your going low you could always run a 195 50 15

thanks for the rely.

I think I will go for 195/50 - just phoned "auto image" in Edinburgh and they do Goodyear Eagle F1 in that size for £45 a corner! By far the cheapest I could find.

Very helpfull lady so hope to get booked in next week.

yeah, the offset is a bit too low really and the profile too high so getting a narrower lower profile tyre should sort you out :)

Hi

Got a set of GY eagle F1fitted in 195/50/15 and got a set of VW centre caps to replace BMW ones and very pleased with the result. The car feels great on the road and I personally like the BBS cross spoke wheel.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Couple of pics:2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfbbs1.JPG[/attachment:3jcd9s7n]bbs2.JPG[/attachment:3jcd9s7n]