Sign in to follow this  
PROVR6

Finally got her on the road.

Hi Everyone. I bought a Dragon Green VR6 as an MOT failure and what with changing my job the car has sat on my drive for the last 4 months. It failed on emissions and I bought a used cat & Lambda off here to see if that helped. It didn't need it, changed the plugs, oil and all filters, put some clean burn in and passed emissions no problem.

Ive wanted a corrado for as long as I can remember and am thrilled to finally drive one. The car struggled on my first drive, really hesitant at low revs in 1st and 2nd and cut out on me 3 times. Restarted no problems and once warmed up it drove great. Ive suspected my battery was fubarred and bought a new one today. It definitely turns over with more vigour and although it felt like it was being held back initially, it cleared and drove great after a couple of minutes.

Im hoping the initial hesitancy is down to the standing time and will pass with regular driving. The car surprised me in that you don't feel how fast you are going until you look at the speedo or rear view mirror. The car seems to sit at oil temp of 104 (is that ok?) The car is completely standard with a black leather interior in really excellent condition. Only one previous owner :D ,Only 160K miles. :eek: The car has a couple of dings and could do with some renovating, which Im looking forward to doing over time.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow C owners and will post some pics soon.

Sounds like a nice straight car, and a nice long term project :)

Anything around 100 centigrade is ideal so you've no worries there!

Enjoy it and share some pictures if you get a chance! :)