Sign in to follow this  
Josef

Bucket seats in a Corrado

Has anyone here fitted fixed back bucket seats into a Corrado?

Has anyone used the Sparco subframes? I can't find any images of them to work out if they'd do the trick or if the seat would end up mounted too high. I suppose the other option is the the usual welded in bars to fix the side mounts to (??).

I have a pair of Sabelt GT2 seats like this one:

GT2.jpg[/attachment:2x4h87t2]

I'm yet to decide whether that's the direction I'll take with the car but it's so tempting with them just sitting there doing nothing!!

Any advice appreciated.

I dont have any pics of it but Jabbasport have these in their racing corrado all stripped out.

Looked good and were mounted right as i remember, sure the fixed rails you use are adjustable in the way you bolt the seat to it.

Thanks. I'll have a search for some pics of the Jabbasport car.

Yeah there's a reasonable choice of holes/slots to mount the seat to the side mounts - just worried that if I mount the side mounts on subframes designed primarily for base mount seats that I won't be able to get the seats low enough even on the lowest position on the side mounts.

Sparco subframes at least £65 a side so want to know it works before splashing the cash!

Would love to put bucket seats in my Rado but i have enough trouble getting out of the car as it is :eek:

if you're going for proper side mounted buckets i'm presuming you're removing the back seat?

if so they you'll have to get the welder out, common methods are either 1" box section welded in, or tube with brackets for bolts.

although you still have to watch the height of the seat. i'm going to be going through this shortly after i've finished removing the tar type sealer in the footwells.

The seats in the Jabbasport Corrado are awesum, you wont move anywhere and they are pretty comfy aswel!