Sign in to follow this  
steveo29

g60 bogs at low speeds..fixed..was o2 sensor

my g60 hasnt felt right in ages

feels really wrong under 2800, it bogs /stumbles and feels really flat and wont wake up until 2800

all service parts, timing , cam timing is all good , and its been at pitstop for him to check it over for said fault and he said the map is fine

any ideas? its not a fun car to drive at the moment

im half thinking theres alot of timing being pulled out maybe? make any sense?

I think you can check the resistance across the terminal? Lemme pull out my mk2 haynes...

Sorry, doesn't seem to say how to test it. They're only about £10ish anyways (iirc) and are quickly swapped out.

This will affect your economy too, so not a bad thing to swap out for new.

About £25 from vag. think you can measure resistance in ohms when cold and when hot, remember someone saying 2000ohms but unsure whether thats hot or cold

right just been for a drive with the knock sensor unplugged ...seemed better and i could hear pinking around the revs where it bogs

so im guessing the timing wants backing off some more , and the knock sensor is doing its job...or can they pull too much timing /be over sensitive?

right played around with it some more and it felt like it was better with the o2 disconected

so ive purcahsed a bosch universal sensor and it seems to have fixed it...seems to go a bit better too