Sign in to follow this  
Alexander

Toad AI606 triggering in the rain

Hi all,

I've got a Toad AI606 fitted to the C, and very recently it's started going off of it's own accord, but seemingly only when it's been raining.

I'm assuming water is getting in somewhere and completing the circuit? According to the beeps/flashes on disarming it's the boot, which makes sense as my tailgate has been loose and rattling around for a few weeks (sorted now).

Would I be right in assuming the sensor for the boot is the long black switch to the left of the locking mechanism (presumably the same switch that turns the interior boot light on)?

well yes, its probably not got its own sensor but rather will tap into the light circuit as you say - i had an issue with my alarm refusing to arm when my boot light wasn't successfully going out after the hatch was shut.

seems strange for water to get that far in though, especially if you've cured the rattly looseness?

Hm well the plot thickens - what I thought was the sensor for the boot light (the black plunger-looking switch to the left of the lock mechanism on the tailgate) is nothing of the sort! As far as I can see it's just a sprung rod, with no electrics in it! Odd? Is it there to keep the tailgate still?

Anyway, after some experimentation I discovered the boot light goes out when the locking mechanism is closed, so there must be some electrics in there somewhere, but it's covered by a black plastic sheild that I can't seem to get off. Anybody got any ideas? Failing that is there a way to disable the boot sensor while leaving the other parts of the car armed? I've RTFM but there's no mention of this.