Sign in to follow this  
Frosty Phantom

Audi RS2

£25k?! You can get an RS6 for that sort of money these days!

Awesome car all the same though!

I love these cars, they hold their value very well as there were only about 225 RHD official UK cars athough there were more imports. I was under the impression that you can get hold of a good one for under £20k now though values may have gone up again. I'll always remember the headline on the front of Autocar when they tested this beast - 0-30mph was quicker than the McLaren F1!! :nuts:

EDIT: Actually looked at the link now and understand the pricing due to mileage!

That is stunning.

Knew someone who had an RS2 that with some relatively strightforward tweaks was pushing out just shy of 400bhp, only sold it to buy one of the last RS4's and he has always regretted selling it

I had an S2 and the performance of that was amazing, can only imagine what the RS2 is like. Economy aint great though and bits break on these also as they are getting on a bit now. Iconic cars though...

Althought the leather in that one doesnt look like its only done 10k....

http://pistonheads.com/sales/409734.htm

Anyone care to lend me say what 15 grand?

Being only a youngen' I didn't realise how understated these were. 0-60 in 5 seconds and 200bhp per ton

Anyone on here own one or driven one?

Mike

this is one to avoid

http://www.motorbase.com/auctionlot/by-id/520913828/

and

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread ... t=M292+URX

it has a wonky light, bad fitting bumper, leather looks crazed and mileage is wonky?

are those things to be wary of?

Fascinating history behind the car but as usual it just goes to show you just can't trust even the lowest mileage, apparently '100% unmolested' examples of cars.

Stolen from an Audi dealership before it had even been registered, 'M292 URX' was converted into the ultimate getaway car by a gang of high-tech thieves. To this end, it was disguised as a pedestrian Audi 80 TDi Avant complete with replacement bumpers / tailgate and stick-on wheel trims. Denuded of its chassis plate and assorted pieces of upholstery, it was apparently recovered from the prestigious St George's Hill Estate (home to Sir Cliff Richard etc) some while later. Subsequently treated to a five-year restoration by its 'supplying' dealer (using ?20,000 worth of original Audi parts), it was not road registered until 2005. Believed but not warranted to have covered just 5,624 miles from new, it is said to be "one of the finest examples anywhere".

Hmmm, the start of the paragraph doesn't justify the end really.

But quite a good idea that.