Sign in to follow this  
oldskoolkool

black smoke!!!

:( well i had to call the famous aa tonite an my car gave in to me.

ive been having the running prob as you well know and it got considerably worse today so i checked a few sensors and did a useless ecu reset and driving home from a mates it was rely bucking and bogging down would only rev to 6000 revs it would fade out but i believe i found that problem, as wen i was last driving and it was backfiring with alot of smoke there was tinging noises in the exhaust as the cats broken up and then stop lol!!!

but this dosent explain why it does not start now and the large amount of black smoke????

not amused :cry:

any help cheers

a blocked cat or silencer may well stop a car from firing...and black smoke usualy indicates overfueling

i would suggest unbolting the exhaust from downpipe and seeing if that lets her fire up

well i am definetly goin to try that tomoz but for now aparently i dont know if this is true the torch towing guy ( absalute dumbarse) reconds that there are two fuel pumps and that when the cat gets blocked it cuts one out huh !!! :cuckoo:

is this true do you think ? it looks as thogh im getting no fuel but ive been having this problem for a while and im rely confusled now and im gona have to bike 15 miles to work as welll :mad2:

?

thats what i thorght in the first when he said it but there is definely no fuel to the front well out of the metering head any way. where is the fuel pup rely ? i mm really not happy the main fuel pump at the rear is purging and yes i do have poetroleum in the tank

HELP

cheers

Having trouble undrstanding your english at the mo mate.

Are you asking whether there is a gauze in the metering head? :shrug:

:oops: yeh im sorry thats made me look a right idiot...

yes that is what i mean and ive since been working on her and found some usfull information...... ive got fuel going into the metering head bottom, and flowing around the bottom and going out to the external valve on the side, but im not getting nothing out of the for on top which go to the injectors!!!!??? ive taken it off and really given it a good clean and blow out with the compressor but it hasnt made a difference.

is there suposed to be a sertain amout of fuel pressure going into the head and how do i test,?

would it be the pump??

thanks guys.

L

right well i cant get the injector out lol and ive now got no spark as well could be the ingitian realy????

where is it tho ?

im getting well annoied now as well

what do you think

L

Well i found most of the problem it came down to the distributer had broken up which was giving me no spark!!

so for now im on the hunt for one any offers??????

is the 1.8 16v the same as my 20ltr?

L :)