Sign in to follow this  
yeti

Who's fitted fixed position buckets to their C

I have just bought myself some new front seats but they are not corrado fit and have different brackets on each side... i want to make new ones of these and am planning to weld to original corrado seat frames so i can keep the adjustability and secure factory mountings,

has anyone done this before? if not does anyone know if a standard seat can be butchered for its frames?? if so i'm on the look out for some seats past their use by date!

thanks

andy

*edit* title change to reflect new way of fitting

Did you say butcher!

TexasChainsaw_1.jpg[/attachment:1kj31sem]

well having taken about 40 years to sort this out i finally trial fitted the 'butchered' :lol: seat frames witht the new 1 piece seats attached.... this would have been an awesome solution if i wasnt 6'5"... which i am... even fully dropped in height and all the way back the seats sit to high and to far forwards...

So this threads now changed to... "Who's fitted fixed position buckets to their C" thread, I'm hoping tall paul'll see this and post some pics of his stripped interior so i can see where to bolt/weld the fixing brackets to on the floor... it seems to get enough leg room and head room i'll be positioning these in the rear footwell!

heres a sneaky peak of the seats to come 8)

I did warn you about this! :p

Fixed seat's and Gangly frame (you that is) might not be the best option in a corrado! Think even with fixed frames you'll find not enough "layback" to suit.

You could always remove the sunroof and get a helmet! :lol:

I did warn you about this! :p

Fixed seat's and Gangly frame (you that is) might not be the best option in a corrado! Think even with fixed frames you'll find not enough "layback" to suit.

You could always remove the sunroof and get a helmet! :lol:

i know but i never do things simpley! i'm gonna look at modding those frames again to see if i can bolt the seat further back and down... at least then if anyone else has to drive it they'll be able to reach the pedals! :lol:

Hi Andy,

i will take some pics of my seat bases at the weekend mate, all i did was make a box frame that bolted onto the seat bases, and then butchered some standard seats so i had the centre rail, and the two seat runners from off the standard seats. then i just welded them into position. i'm 6ft 2" and have loads of headroom.

the only downside is that they are not height adjustable, but that doesn't bother me as NOBODY will drive my car except me anyway.

karl

See if you can get in touch with biggerbigben, he has that username for a reason if you didnt know, he is around 6.5 and had fixed back seats.