Sign in to follow this  
ed

adapter width for porsche wheels on vr6???? help :)

now when i had my 16v rado i had 7in et65 rims on the front with 30mm adapters = et 35 (standard et) but still in arches

on the rear i had 8in et52 with 25mm adapters = et 27 (wider track by 8mm) on edge on arch (looked sweet)

now i have a vr6

same wheels

im thinking of going 30mm adapters on front hubs to have et35 on front (7mm wider than standard), 'should' be on the arch? :confused4:

and on the rear i.e 8in et52 with 20mm adapters so et32, (widening the track by 10mm) and the wheels 'should' be on the arch again????

does this sound correct?

the standard et of a vr is 42 isnt it?

help my mind is melting with thinking too much :cuckoo:

Dunno about the Corrado VR :shrug: but on my VR6 golf the original rims were et 33 or 35?, most VW`s are the same always around that figure et 35

I had et 60 RHZW 1`s on it at one point and they had 25mm adaptors which made them the correct et 35, they werer 8j wide and were dead in line with the arch, by the way it was virtually un driveable this low :lol:

102_0232.jpg

102_0236.jpg

speedline ET is 43 for a 6.5J rim - i would assume thats the same for the bbs solitude that came on the storm and the golf highlines as well...

bbs VW ET is 38 on a 7J rim

bbs VW ET is 35 on a 7.5J rim

of all of those only the 7.5 at et35 looks "right" IMO so i reckon your guesses are pretty well on :)

hope that helps!

cheers for your answers :D

i went and found a half price set of 35mm adapters :D fitted them and the wheels are just inside the arch, so im running et 30 on the front, and ive ordered some 25mm adapters on the rear to see what happens, that 'should' be et27 and on the arch or just outside but i have stretched tyres so it'll look hard hopefully,....

all good fun :gag:

You are right saying that the corrado vr6 & golf vr6 are around ET 42/43, this is partly because of the plus axle (wider track).

So transferring rims from e.g. a 16v or g60 corrado, you will find that they stick out more, firstly by the increased track of the plus axle, AND by the difference in ET offsets.

Annoyingly on the vr6 this also means less brake caplier clearance for dished rims like Azev A's or BBS RS, usually need axle spacers.