Sign in to follow this  
Phil Diment

Radiator bracket -replacement

:) Hi,

Just wanted to ask if anyone has one for sale or can tell me where I can buy the "panel/bracket" that the radiator sits on. Mine seems to have rusted through on one side.

Even with the help of the Bentley manual I can't see if it's part of the subframe or whether it can be replaced seperately. Is it a "pig" of a job or has anyone had to do this on their VR?

Any advice welcome apart from selling it......

92 VR6 56,000 miles owned since August - love it.

Many thanks,

Phil.

At last, I'm not the only Isle of Man member to post on the forums! :)

Hopefully see you around sometime Phil.

Tom

The bar itself is called a cross member by ETKA. Part number 535 199 171H. You will need to support the engine, as the subframe with the engine mount on, needs to come out to release the cross member.

The part number is different to a G60/16V so it may be a VR only part.

Clean of the rust and treat it wth waxoyl. Keep your eye open for a replacement.

Gavin

:) Many thanks for the info Gavin; seems like a pretty big job to replace it. I'll have a go at cleaning the rust off in situ, waxoyling and finding the part.

Tom,

How about a Corrado Forum meeting on island - invite the 1,000 or so members over; might be fun to have a group go round the TT course; pictures at TT grandstand; drag racing along Douglas prom (only kidding...) The "Minister of Fun" could flag us off? On island joke for those of you not lucky enough to live here.

Cheers,

Phil.

I bet it's only a half hour job with the right facilities. Me, I'd just prevent it from getting worse and leave the bonnet down :lol:

Let me know if you want another though. I have a few good contacts. Awesome.

Gavin