Sign in to follow this  
Storm Monkey

Help needed on older VW accesories

I thought this would be a good place to start, although not a Corrado question. I know a load of you guys have older VW's aswell.

Anyway, to the point. Whils clearing out the workshop at my mother-in-laws, I stumbled over a little gem of a find. I now have an original and complete Hazet in wheel tool kit, which refers to fitting to VW 1200's to 1600. All tools are in place, and in good condition. The only issue is the box, which has flaked paint and thin surface rust, though nothing that 10 mins in the shot blaster and a few coats of paint wouldn't fix. There is no "structural" rust damage whatsoever. As I don't have anywhere to install this kit, the long term plan is to sell it. Question is, how much are they worth? There is one on ebay st the moment for £107 :gag: , reserve not met, but it has the VW logo, and mine has the Hazet logo. Secondly, so renovate and sell, or sell as is? Any help much appreciated.

Oh, I've put this here cos it ain't meant to be a selling thread. If this is wrong, then mods, I apologies, and please move.

Regards,

Phil

Oooh A nice "to have" for the air-cooled boys.

Have a quick search round Volkzone to see what they fetch...

Personally unless you have everything restored to Concourse condition you'd be better of selling with the "patina" of age on it.

In the air-cooled scene it's all about originallity and patina! Rat-look* still rocks big-time!

* Rat-look as in proper Rat-look using OG paint but as solid as you can get vehicles, slammed to the floor on good rims and nice period accessories as opposed to Watercooled Shat-look which just involves jumping on the bonnet and throwing primer about! :lol:

I took a look on Volkszone and was a little surprised to see a few advertised at around £400 :cuckoo: :wave: :clap: :D . There is also one similar on Ebay, about a day from finishing, at £180, reserve not met. Looks like a bit of a "Cash in the attic" type find, so I'm kind of pleased.

Cheers for the info,

Phil

Perfectly fine here, just don't try and pimp it ;)

Sounds like a good find!