Sign in to follow this  
james_c2

spoiler goes up but not down

recently fitted a new spoiler mech and motor as the original was broke

spoiler goes up fine on the button, but wont come down

also not 100% sure it was allways going up automaticly

anyideas, could it be the spoiler control module needs replacing? should the spoiler be able to be dropped by the switch?

cheers james

not sure what the problem is, however i can tell you the switch overides the automatic mechanism so should lower the spoiler at any time.

cool, cheers for that

going to see if when pressing the switch to put the spoiler down sends any current to the motor, hopefully that should help narrow down what it could be

not sure what the problem is, however i can tell you the switch overides the automatic mechanism so should lower the spoiler at any time.

I can't lower the spoiler on mine with the button if I'm travelling above the automatic raise speed, only when I'm under 56 mph.

pushed the black bit in today to see if when the spolier went up and down when driving, noticed as soon as i started the car the spolier raised, so does this mean the control module has gone??

when winding it up and down manually it goes up smooth, same when it raises automaticly/of the switch

Inside the mechanism is a pair of micro switches. Mine had a similar problem and it turned out to be the microswitches had clogged with grease and gunk.

Hope this helps and good luck!!