Sign in to follow this  
MFP

ABS Pump/Module

Hello All,

My N plate VR6 has just failed it's M.O.T and one of the things it failed on was the ABS. Apparentely I need a new ABS Pump/Modulator, unfortunately I have been quoted £1500 for a new one from volkswagen. This is out of the question.

I have been trying to get my hands on a second hand one with no luck, alternatively it has been suggested that I send it off to a firm for repair, but I have not been advised on what this would cost because they they cant tell until they look at it. If anybody has any experience of this kind of problem I would be very grateful for any advice. Apparentely the differential lock valve is at faut (fault code 00279) within the module. I have been quoted part number 537614111 by volkswagen. I need to get this problem sorted out quickly because I am without a car, everything else on the M.O.T is fixed, just need to get this sorted.

Thanks

Matt

Hello All,

...I need a new ABS Pump/Modulator .. differential lock valve is at faut (fault code 00279) ... quoted part number 537614111 by volkswagen.

Matt I think there's more than one thing wrong here. There are two different types of pump, one which supports EDL, one which doesnt. Yours is throwing an EDL error, which suggests it should be part no 1H2 614 217A, not the part they identified.

There's something else which worries me. The EDL switch/pump, when its in error, refers to a premature engagement of the brakes by the system. That shouldnt be the basis for an MOT failure.

In either case the 'Rado pump you want was common on Passats and can be found at breakers yards, for a lot less than £1500.