Sign in to follow this  
VEEDUBBED

ABF cams...

Allrite peeps,

What cam has more lift/duration?,the standard ABF 2.0 golf valver engine's camshaft or a modded KR exhaust cam fitted in place of the standard 9A's awful inlet cam?. :shrug:

ABF has the most lift out of all the cams, said to be best for forced induction. jd engineering run them in there 16v g60s.

9a 8.9mm lift

kr 9.6mm lift

kr exhaust 10.2mm lift

ABF 10.6mm lift

less duration on abfs compared to kr's

Apparently very late 9a have the same head (051103373D/E)with raised centre section and same 10.8 mm exhaust cam as the abf,abf inlet cam should have better low-mid range the torque than kr , has anyone tried an abf inlet cam in their NA 9a??

has anyone tried an abf inlet cam in their NA 9a??

I'd love to know this too, only information i can find on it, on this site and on the internet is it being used in a turbo setup, why has it not been tried in a NA setup, has someone tried it? What did you find?

Perhaps because their duration is less but the opening is more (someone correct me if im wrong) it would require more air flow.i.e. forced induction? to take advantage of this hence why they're only used on forced induction cars?

Someone tell me if im talking complete balls lol

has anyone tried an abf inlet cam in their NA 9a??

I'd love to know this too, only information i can find on it, on this site and on the internet is it being used in a turbo setup, why has it not been tried in a NA setup, has someone tried it? What did you find?

Perhaps because their duration is less but the opening is more (someone correct me if im wrong) it would require more air flow.i.e. forced induction? to take advantage of this hence why they're only used on forced induction cars?

Someone tell me if im talking complete balls lol

I doubt you would see any more power or torque over the kr cam but it should shift the torque down the rev range making it a bit more economical and better to drive, you are right about the duration and lift, having no overlap with the exhaust cam its cat friendly aswell

I cant see why it wouldnt work though .. surely some one must have tried it...I'm going to be useing my car everyday soon I need economy, i'll try an abf or the 9a cam is going back in my car :hitler:

less overlap means more boost

yup, not blowing boost straight out of the exhaust at high revs and 10.8mm lift its ideal, have you not tried it in a NA engine flusted?

car is currently N/A, didnt really notice much if any difference when fitting the abfs after removing krs.

Maybe there was a fraction more torque at say 3k but hardly noticable